Little River airfield

Patrick Normoyle

I am hoping someone on here has a contact for the Little River airfield north of Avalon, I am flying from Adelaide to attend the Avalon Airshow in Feb 2013. I will be there early as I am working in the tower. I need somewhere close to leave the Fisher Mk 1. Any help or suggestions would be great !

I am hoping someone on here has a contact for the Little River airfield north of Avalon, I am flying from Adelaide to attend the Avalon Airshow in Feb 2013. I will be there early as I am working in the tower. I need somewhere close to leave the Fisher Mk 1. Any help or suggestions would be great !

Hi Patrick,

I have a friend who has an a/c down there and contacts - PM (private conversation) your details (email etc) and I will endeavour to pass on.

Rgds

Neil

There is also the Lethbridge Airfield, and quite a few members there will be flying into Avalon. The Airfield owner and the club are very accepting of visitors flying in. 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

or fly into Avalon?

Just google Avalon East and you will find all the info there including photos of the reporting points. It is an unlicensed ALA about 2000 metres east of Avalon main and a shuttle bus operates to take you to the air show. You can tie down there for the whole week if you want to.

Kaz

or fly into Avalon?

If you are interested, contact a Michael Hooker on:- 0498130080. He is the man who organises for our people to fly in to Avalon Airshow. Th only thing is ,once there and tied down, you cannot fly out until the show is over. Generally Sunday arvo or Monday morning.

Thanks all, Ias I will be working at Avalon Tower for the airshow, I'll be there from the 20th feb till 6th March, well before Avalon East opens and after it closes, I can't park at Avalon Main so I need a staging airfield near by, I have spoken to the great folks at Lethbridge, but was hoping for an airfield closer ?

• 2 weeks later...