Anyone going to Avalon ?

My Fisher Mk1 and I shall be attending the Avalon Air Show, while my aircraft rests after the journey from Adelaide, I will be working in the Avalon Tower while I am there. If anyone is either flying in or visiting send me a message or call the mobile and I'll try to catch up to share stories, a love of aviation and rub shoulders with other true pioneers of aviation. Number 0408931040, I will be staying on-site, and be there from the 20th Feb till Tuesday 6th March. I'm keen to catch up with any and all RAA types, especially any Drifter or Fisher Mk1 types.

Patrick

My Fisher Mk1 and I shall be attending the Avalon Air Show, while my aircraft rests after the journey from Adelaide, I will be working in the Avalon Tower while I am there. If anyone is either flying in or visiting send me a message or call the mobile and I'll try to catch up to share stories, a love of aviation and rub shoulders with other true pioneers of aviation. Number 0408931040, I will be staying on-site, and be there from the 20th Feb till Tuesday 6th March. I'm keen to catch up with any and all RAA types, especially any Drifter or Fisher Mk1 types.Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I certainly intend going. Not sure which day yet - I usually wait to see the forecast and then pick the best one. As I live very close I actually get the train in (and am home in about 30 mins, which is far less time than it would take to even get out of the car park if I drove, which I did once...)

Will give you a call nearer the day - it would certainly be good to catch up for a chinwag....No Drifter or Fisher for me - but the Gazelle is rag and tube.....

Cheers

Neil

My brother and I are looking at coming down for the 3 days... probably fly commercial if I can't find a lift.

Speaking of which, I might send you a PM Neil! 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

My Fisher Mk1 and I shall be attending the Avalon Air Show, while my aircraft rests after the journey from Adelaide, I will be working in the Avalon Tower while I am there. If anyone is either flying in or visiting send me a message or call the mobile and I'll try to catch up to share stories, a love of aviation and rub shoulders with other true pioneers of aviation. Number 0408931040, I will be staying on-site, and be there from the 20th Feb till Tuesday 6th March. I'm keen to catch up with any and all RAA types, especially any Drifter or Fisher Mk1 types.Patrick

Are you flying from Adelaide ? I was thinking of flying down there? My Lightwing would qualify for static display.Who do I call do apply and as a volinteer?

....Who do I call do apply and as a volunteer?

Tim there is a link on their site for volunteershttp://www.airshow.com.au/airshow2013/public-airshow/volunteers/index.html

Just noticed the application date closed 14 December, but the form still opens, I would still apply because they may be short of applicants for all we know.

• Like 1

RAA are still taking details for the static display as are Airshows down under, check both web sites, if you have any issues, call me 040 893 1040. And yes, I'll be flying over in my Fisher Mk1 on the 18th, overnighting at Little River airfield and then flying in to Avalon Main on the 20th. I should get to little river non stop in 5 hours but I have allowed a day an a half for weather etc.

I will be going, taking the family with me for the first time. Having to drive as the wife and one of the kids do not like to fly. I am also looking forward to seeing some of the recreational aircraft up close as I am fairly new to RA