What did your grounding cost you?

Guest ozzie

It is interesting to see that at one moment people are screaming about too many rules being applied to RAA And next minute calling for more rules.

Maintenance in accordance with manufacturers manual surely covers enough.

Never keep everyone happy -

• Agree 7

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What grounding?

About a month ago I was asked for information to allow my re-registration due 7th April 2013 - an extra photo showing registration numbers on starboard side. I sent off all the photos required anyway, plus the usual annual requirements such as hours flown etc.

Just received email notification, with attachment documentation, that my aircraft is registered.

I feel for people who are having trouble getting aircraft registered or re-registered, so don't get me wrong. but my personal experience is positive.

Pud

• Informative 1

What grounding?About a month ago I was asked for information to allow my re-registration due 7th April 2013 - an extra photo showing registration numbers on starboard side. I sent off all the photos required anyway, plus the usual annual requirements such as hours flown etc.

Just received email notification, with attachment documentation, that my aircraft is registered.

I feel for people who are having trouble getting aircraft registered or re-registered, so don't get me wrong. but my personal experience is positive.

Pud

Pud ,

You obviously lead a charmed life my friend 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Alf

• Agree 1

For me, with good advanced lodgement, the delay was from March 16 to April 4. Not bad, except it ruled out Natfly.

My renewal paperwork and a new set of photos sent in 15th Feb, Rego expired 16th March and still and still waiting, waiting 033_scratching_head.gif.b541836ec2811b6655a8e435f4c1b53a.gif

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my new rego certificate and card in the mail today 15th April. Only thing it still expires on my old expiry date of 16th March 2014 even though it shows an issue date of 12th April 2013 I would expect it to expire on 11th April 2014. Good on you RAAus I have 11 months rego for the price of 12.

Quote from EGM of 9th February 2013:

"35:58 Steve Runciman look we take your point and you're absolutely right and there's two arguments if you like, why should a person who's been caught up in this, with their aircraft registration. Why should he pay, sorry he or she, why should they pay for 12 months registration and only get 10, because at the end of the day it wasn't their fault. We discussed it, we decided the best way forward with this is not to ping the individual if you like, it's totally unfair on them, as soon as they got their registration it was for 12 months. They were paying for 12 months. It's not their fault that they were caught up in this error and it's only fair on the person who owns the aircraft to get the 12 months. So we take your point. Absolutely. This CASA audit has not only cost us in time and members faith, if you like, but we've got a financial loss and we've got to run with that "

Well why didn't that happen in my case ? Looks like more poor communication between the Exec and management if it was discussed as described in the quote above. Why do these type of things keep happening in RAAus. It has certainly cost them in membere faith in the organisation. You are right there Mr President (or maybe) Mr President.