Russian SkyCar

Deskpilot

Guest Howard Hughes
What did you see as poor piloting?

To be clear, DP said "piloting skills need improving"?

I am posing the question is it piloting skills, or aircraft design? Given DP's interest in aircraft design I was hoping he could fill us in!

PS: We, (well I at least) am referring to the porpoising on landing in the video!

To be clear, DP said "piloting skills need improving"?I am posing the question is it piloting skills, or aircraft design? Given DP's interest in aircraft design I was hoping he could fill us in!

PS: We, (well I at least) am referring to the porpoising on landing in the video!

Ditto! Perhaps it was his first flight.

• Haha 1

It is certainly a prettier machine than another flying 'car' seen elsewhere. It too appeared to be sensitive in pitch on roundout. I thought the pilot in this video did a good job if this thing is a bit sensitive in pitch considering he managed to land it on its mains at somewhere minimum speed.043_duck_for_cover.gif.77707e15ee173cd2f19de72f97e5ca3b.gif

Flirting with Death in a so called flying car.

What makes that a flying car?? All you see in the clip is a set of rudder pedals. Could be any homebuilt aircraft. The fact that he lands it on a suburban street means nothing - in 2010 a bloke put a Victa Airtourer down on the southbound lanes of the Brooker Ave here in Hobart, which wouldn't be any wider than the street in the clip. Admittedly it didn't end real well for the plane, but he walked away from it.