Now real men fly Savannahs

rankamateur

Guest Maj Millard

Might just be me, but looks like the main gear could be a bit further North. Appears like it would be easy to sit on it's nose with brake usage..could be just the angle the photo is taken also..............................................Maj...

024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

And that looks like an expensive CS prop he is sporting also, would be a shame to use that as a brake !.............................................Maj...013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

Maj I think you will find the layout is very similar to the old one in the photo gallery, it is taken square on and there can be little doubt that the main gear is well forward on it.

I reckon any plane looks better as a tail dragger, I'd say that loooong savannah nose would be hard to see around. Would be interested to see if the take off and landing distances are different to the tricycle model

Guest ozzie
Might just be me, but looks like the main gear could be a bit further North. Appears like it would be easy to sit on it's nose with brake usage..could be just the angle the photo is taken also..............................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

That was the very first thing that came to me. bit further forward. those big wheels and a little too much brake and it would nose over easy. maybe a side on shot would show it better. Looks much better tho.

Had a good look over the tecnam taildragger at Avalon,,,really nice ,but the elevator is so close to the ground, it might cop it a bit in rough strips or off airport stuff,,,,,I'd have one though!

I reckon any plane looks better as a tail dragger, I'd say that loooong savannah nose would be hard to see around. Would be interested to see if the take off and landing distances are different to the tricycle model

It's already a very short take-off roll with the tricycle undercarriage. I'm skeptical whether the tailwheel version would be much better. (perhaps by a few metres only?)

I think the nose is too long for a taildragger (XL and S models). Perhaps the older VG model and the classic Savannah would be OK for a shorter-nosed taildragger conversion?

• 2 months later...
And that looks like an expensive CS prop he is sporting also, would be a shame to use that as a brake !.............................................Maj...013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

The prop is the new DUC Splash, a fixed pitch unit that arrived on one I ferried a few months ago. Slightly different taper to the "swirl".....

A shame you are not correct, that would have meant factory approval for the constant speed, which could have been tranfered over to S-LSA factory builts, if required by their owners.

• 3 months later...
Hey this looks like a new model called the "J" this will get a lot of people interested including me......Have to get onto Tom and see when and how much especially for the kit version....it should be lighter too

I see the American distributor has now renamed it the "T" model, makes more sense "T" for taildragger. http://fly-buylsa.com/Savannah.html