AAAA Flyin at Echuca

IanR

Not me. I was made to feel most unwelcome last time.

I was even told I couldn't go airside during the flying display because I was only RAA.

Had a long way to fly and had to be ready to leave when the Roulettes were done, so talked my way out.

Spent 1.5 hours taxiing. Kept telling me maybe in a minute. No wait shut down again. OK now. No wait.

Got to watch the Roulettes from the holding point though.

Pass.

Not me. I was made to feel most unwelcome last time.I was even told I couldn't go airside during the flying display because I was only RAA.

Had a long way to fly and had to be ready to leave when the Roulettes were done, so talked my way out.

Spent 1.5 hours taxiing. Kept telling me maybe in a minute. No wait shut down again. OK now. No wait.

Pass.

It's a real shame that there are some minority aviators out there that are anti RAA. Having said that though, they're the ones that are missing out on some wonderful aircraft, so bad luck to them.

• Agree 1

I was even told I couldn't go airside during the flying display because I was only RAA.

pretty much standard practice for an airshow, if you are not involved in the airshow then you are a spectator. Same for anyone, including me (my aircraft was parked near yours), who was not a member of AAAA was told the same regardless of membership or licence held.I chose to join AAAA on the spot.

Not me. I was made to feel most unwelcome last time.I was even told I couldn't go airside during the flying display because I was only RAA.

Pass.

Sorry you felt unwelcome, Slarti. I'm an Antiquer (and an antique) and I would hope every aviator was made to feel wanted on the day.

That said, the airshow part of the proceedings were very well publicised and the program reflected this. There is no place for anyone on the field during an airshow unless they have a particular reason for being there. I don't know who made the comment but I can't see how the position could be different for RAA compared to VH...they were out of order stating a difference in my view, but the result should have been the same: no access until airshow over.

This year there is no airshow. Lots of conviviality and flying for all. Echuca is not a security controlled aerodrome nor does it have RPT. It does have a strong RAA presence.

Kaz

Wx being kind this weekend, I hope to be there in my old girl, which is RAA reg and a AAAA member ... we are always made to feel very welcome .

Cheers

Vev

I'll be there, would have to be the best flyin I've been to, I was taking a Tigermoth , but the forecast for Sunday is a bit crap, not the best plane for marginal WX, haven't got the test hours off my " jigger" so I'll be renting the eurofox again !

Antique Motorcycle Club of Australia has It's annual rally this weekend so I can't be in two places unfortunately. Have a good weekend all. Nev

My schedule worked well this week - STD (Sunbeam/Talbot/Daraq) register rally Tuesday to Thursday - then AAAA Friday to Sunday ! Are you doing Parkes in September ?