Eurofox

Errol 170

Hi Guys,

I'm new to RAA/LSA and got my license a few weeks ago. I'm interested in a Eurofox and can anybody tell me if they are easy to fly and comfortable. Those are the main things for me. I researched Jabiru but I would have to fly it from Bundaberg to Melbourne but I don't want a nav that long! Any advice much appreciated. Cheers, Errol.

Hi Guys,I'm new to RAA/LSA and got my license a few weeks ago. I'm interested in a Eurofox and can anybody tell me if they are easy to fly and comfortable. Those are the main things for me. I researched Jabiru but I would have to fly it from Bundaberg to Melbourne but I don't want a nav that long! Any advice much appreciated. Cheers, Errol.

Hi mate, I've got a few hours in a Eurofox taildragger, I see your in Melbourne, talk to Craig Hammond at Lilydale flying school, he has one that he does tailwheel endorsements in. I can't say enough good about them( the plane i mean)j, but go and have a go your self, you'll fall in love with the little bugger,

Hi mate, I've got a few hours in a Eurofox taildragger, I see your in Melbourne, talk to Craig Hammond at Lilydale flying school, he has one that he does tailwheel endorsements in. I can't say enough good about them( the plane i mean)j, but go and have a go your self, you'll fall in love with the little bugger,

I haven't flown one but I've seen MM driving this one and it looks REALLY good! He is no ballerina in size, and I certainly knew he was in the Auster when he came for a jolly with me, but the Eurofox handles the load with ease and does it in style.

Kaz

Thanks for those answers guys. metalman I will go down to Lillydale and have a look at the Eurofox and have a talk with the owner. Nev, food to know the Jab sounds comfortable and cruises nicely from what you say - I still am keeping the Jab option open. Kaz the Eurofox sounds good on what you say.

Regards all & thanks.

I should have asked if you have a tail wheel endorsement ,if not ,great aircraft to do it in . Don't be scared off by the little wheel, I've landed it with the windsock at 90deg and standing straight up( plus18knots) wasn't pretty but I had to get it down, they are beautifully built, and as Kaz says I'm not exactly a little bloke, 189cm 110kg, I've done a few trips in it and was very comfy for at least three hour legs. I honestly can't understand why there isn't one in every school in Oz, they are a great plane in my opinion, but then I do have a thing for rag n tube high wings so I might be a bit biased, still check it out ,Craig's a good bloke ,

Cheers

Hi Errol

Eddie Madden ( www.sportaviation.com.au ) has 2 that he uses for instruction and glider towing. One is a taildragger the other has a nosewheel. He is at Tocumwal on the Murray River, a great place to visit, he even has a caravan park at the airstrip.

Cheers

Puddles

• Like 1

Hi ErrolEddie Madden ( www.sportaviation.com.au ) has 2 that he uses for instruction and glider towing. One is a taildragger the other has a nosewheel. He is at Tocumwal on the Murray River, a great place to visit, he even has a caravan park at the airstrip.

Cheers

Puddles

Heavens, reading that was a blast from the past. Eddie Madden was one of my instructors when I went to learn gliding at Tocumwal, December 1982, I remember him well, he was very 'cockpit cool'. Anyone from down that way know anything of the others that taught me - Bill Riley, Ingo Renner, Ian Grant, Reinholdt?

Good News ,

We are all still here at Tocumwal:cheezy grin: Bill has slowed down a bit! Myself and Ingo are still very active in Gliding. Reinhold Manages an operation is in Germany

I now run a RAA and GFA training centre and use the 2 EuroFox's a K2-Tow and K3-Tow as training aircraft and also importantly as a Glider Tug, tuging up to 750 Kg gliders all summer without much difficulty. They are extremely well finished from the factory and have absolutely the the best Aileron and Rudder Authority of all the RAA aircraft I have flown. This is most important when dealing with severe Summer thermal conditions we have here at Tocumwal.

Regards

Eddie Madden

Eddie, how lovely to hear from you.

You lot at Toc are probably responsible for my still being alive after a lifetime of wild flying adventures. The doctrines you instilled in me still echo around my head loudly. And served me well in the many engine failures and other causes of forced landings that I've had over the years.

Great to hear all is still going well at Sportavia. I don't expect any of you to remember me, I was just a newbie to soaring then, sent along by Sander Veenstra, Robbie Labahn, Ross Nolan and others, to you folks to get death-proofed. It was a great experience and a fondly remembered privilege. And the place was so alive! IIRC Ingo had just won the World Titles hadn't he? Or was that later?

All the best, I'll have to call in and say G'day if I'm down that way. Cheers, Alan

Hi Guys,I'm new to RAA/LSA and got my license a few weeks ago. I'm interested in a Eurofox and can anybody tell me if they are easy to fly and comfortable. Those are the main things for me. I researched Jabiru but I would have to fly it from Bundaberg to Melbourne but I don't want a nav that long! Any advice much appreciated. Cheers, Errol.

I think Eurofox has officially changed their name to Aerotrek to avoid confusion with the Kitfox plane in North America.

Think they have them at Ararat as well. Flying a Jab from Bundy wouldn't be too much of a drag. A fairly good distance plane. Nev

I'm sure Tomo will fly the plane from Bundy to Victoria 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif (by the way, I haven't seen much of Tomo for a while: is he still around?)

• Like 1

Hi Errol,

I started out learning on a Foxbat and moved over to the Eurofox 3K (nose wheel) for my cross country endorsement and found it a fantastic aircraft to fly.

Whilst still fond of the Foxbat I much prefer the speed, feel and comfort of the Eurofox on local scenics and cross country treks.

To make room for a new aircraft our Flying Club's Eurofox is up for sale (24-5054).

Hi Errol,I started out learning on a Foxbat and moved over to the Eurofox 3K (nose wheel) for my cross country endorsement and found it a fantastic aircraft to fly.

Whilst still fond of the Foxbat I much prefer the speed, feel and comfort of the Eurofox on local scenics and cross country treks.

To make room for a new aircraft our Flying Club's Eurofox is up for sale (24-5054).

Any idea what their asking for it?

Cheers Matty

The EuroFox has that name everywhere except in America , Where it is traded as Aerotrek!The only Agent in Australia is Tony Brand from Horsham Aviation, located at Horsham Airport YHSM

http://www.horshamaviation.com.au/

I believe he has a new one and a traded in one for sale at the moment ready to go!

A thousand apologies, my bad - I stand corrected, the gentleman I mentioned is an agent for Tecnam not the Eurofox.

Hi Errol,I started out learning on a Foxbat and moved over to the Eurofox 3K (nose wheel) for my cross country endorsement and found it a fantastic aircraft to fly.

Hi mate, do you have contact details for your club regarding the euro fox?

Hi Fordy, how does the Eurofox STOL performace compare with the Foxbat? Are they significantly differnent in low speed handling qualities, stall speeds etc. or is it more a matter of degrees

The Eurofox tri gear sure looks nice, pity they only come as factory built.

What do people think is the closest to the Eurofox in a kit aircraft - the Kitfox s7?