TAVAS - Meet the Fokkers Event.

Bubbleboy

Today was The Australian Vintage Aviation Society's "Meet the Fokkers" event.

Andrew Carter the founding member of the society put on a fantastic afternoon with a German theme! There was German food and beer, music and re-enactors. Andrew gave a presentation on where they had come from and where they were going before unveiling the 4 Fokker WW1 replica aircraft he had just acquired. Check out www.tavas.com.au and join up to get the latest updates and to support Andrew in bringing the first 25 years of aviation to life. The society is based at Caboolture Airfield in Queensland.

Andrew made my kids day when he allowed them and I to try on these fantastic aircraft for size! Thank you Andrew!

Scotty 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

DSC_0453.JPG.68fe63b78667bc4c383360d3c757591f.JPG

DSC_0437.JPG.5da74118e6c3e4898a006629ef04b635.JPG

DSC_0451.JPG.9b8dfc2065a376633ba1841cf61f1fea.JPG

Hi Scotty, nice to catch up with you today at Bruce's hanger, T'was a good insight into the airdrome kits .......

cheers

JimG

OK, Leergewicht = empty weight

Nutzlast = usefull load

Vollgewicht = MTOW

Hope that helps :)

Thanks, Batesey. Now it all makes sense. Impressive aircraft, a labour of love. My favourite from that era is the Albatross; it's beautiful lines can be seen close up at the War Memorial in Canberra.

Today was The Australian Vintage Aviation Society's "Meet the Fokkers" event.Andrew Carter the founding member of the society put on a fantastic afternoon with a German theme! There was German food and beer, music and re-enactors. Andrew gave a presentation on where they had come from and where they were going before unveiling the 4 Fokker WW1 replica aircraft he had just acquired. Check out www.tavas.com.au and join up to get the latest updates and to support Andrew in bringing the first 25 years of aviation to life. The society is based at Caboolture Airfield in Queensland.

Andrew made my kids day when he allowed them and I to try on these fantastic aircraft for size! Thank you Andrew!

[ATTACH]22720[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]22721[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]22722[/ATTACH]

Yes - a very enjoyable event. Worth flying up (RPT) from Melbourne.

P6150179.JPG.194e4c270c077f709ba21686d6ce08d1.JPG

We should have put on badges with our "handles" from this site - then we could have put faces to names.

Loved seeing Bruce Clarke's Sopwith Pup and the other WW1 kits/planes at Watts Bridge on the Sunday too....

Neil

Hi Scotty, nice to catch up with you today at Bruce's hanger, T'was a good insight into the airdrome kits .......cheers

JimG

Hi Jim...just got back home tonight.Was great meeting you and was fantastic to see Bruce's toys. I got a lot of ideas for my build which I have been pondering over so was well worth it.

Thanks, Batesey. Now it all makes sense. Impressive aircraft, a labour of love. My favourite from that era is the Albatross; it's beautiful lines can be seen close up at the War Memorial in Canberra.

Hi Lyle..have you seen the pics of the Albatross the chap in NSW I think, is building from scratch?...just fantastic!

Hi Lyle..have you seen the pics of the Albatross the chap in NSW I think, is building from scratch?...just fantastic!Scotty 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

No Scotty, where is it? Lovely aircraft. Building a biplane looks like twice the work of a mono, and then there's all those struts and cables!

No Scotty, where is it? Lovely aircraft. Building a biplane looks like twice the work of a mono, and then there's all those struts and cables!

Hi Lyle...check out http://tavas.com.au/projects/

Also Andrew wrote an article about it in one of the newsletters. Join TAVAS and have a look. Its free!

• Helpful 1