Hopping in from Africa

Kitplanes

Hi Guys, just joined the forum again after a year or so of non activity. Great to see that it is alive and kicking.

A bit about me. I am the owner of a South African company that have been producing aircraft and kits for the past 20 years. We have a couple flying in Australia and would like to see more of them there.

Not sure if I can post more here so if I am permitted to I will post some links and video links.

Stefan

Kitplanes For Africa

South Africa

_NP_9482_4784-1.jpg.05f96fc2bd1c434f94461d58b1f8b6d2.jpg

Considering the wildlife in your country one is likely to be eaten or stomped on after a successful forced landing. Do you supply a handgun with each aircraft sale? What about fast running shoes? 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

TIA. This is Africa. 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif. We have lots of vistors coming to do our Bushflying course. I teach them how to run fast.............and supply the shoes, just in case.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

• Like 1

Welcome Stefan how's the flying in SA . Your aircraft look a lot like the Kitfox Skyfox aircraft we have here.what engines do u use most over there ?

Considering the wildlife in your country one is likely to be eaten or stomped on after a successful forced landing. Do you supply a handgun with each aircraft sale? What about fast running shoes? 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Have you ever tried hitting anything with a HANDGUN ? it's darned difficult, unless you are a professional shooting instructor, . . . I wasn't far off, but I have to tell you that if I was trying to survive in the Australian bush by shooting wildlife and cooking it, . . . I'd much prefer a 5.56 mm high velocity rifle with at least 180 grain soft hollowpoint bullets and a big scope . . . or even an old 3030 Winchester with softnoses. . .just to give me half a chance. . . . And forget wild pigs,. . .you shoot the damn things twice and they just get up and keep on coming at you. . .! Nasty burgers, . . .it'd be like getting hit by a 1000 Kg motorbike with big teeth. . . . Dump the gun and get up a bloody tree mate.

( Mind you if you DO manage to kill one,. . . they're GREAT eating. . . . IF you can find a swagman, a passing Aborigine, or someone else kind enough to turn the spitroast over the fire for a few hours . . . . . )

Phil

• Haha 1

Welcome Stefan. I'd like to see your aircraft design, if Admin agrees. I must say SA has the most inspiring flag of any nation.

Don't encourage them, might win the world cup again!!!!!! (Rugby that is, not the pending soccer thing)002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

• Haha 1

Don't encourage them, might win the world cup again!!!!!! (Rugby that is, not the pending soccer thing)002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Paul,. . . .

The "Pending Soccer Thing" is,. . .I believe, going to be held in BRAZIL,. . . . if they have not altready descended into total anarchy by that time. . . . . Latest news about Brazil says that they are rioting in over 100 cities, ( I didn't know they had that many ? ? ? ? ? ? )

Phil

Yep, not good with that much civil unrest in the lead up to the soccer World Cup, I hope that Brazil does well and the tax payers get some return on their huge investment.

Don't see many of the South African aircraft here in Oz, maybe I'll just have to get over to Africa one day and see them in their natural environment.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't see many of the South African aircraft here in Oz, maybe I'll just have to get over to Africa one day and see them in their natural environment

Will be a cheap option. The Rand is up to #$%^ at the moment so this is the time to travel cheap. We are close to Johannesburg International. I can show you guys around.

Can't say anything about our planes or school but search the net.

SA's flying is great but challenging to some. The high density altitudes are a challenge. On a 30degr C day at our home field (Petit) ICAO FARA, it easily gets to 8000ft DA and 30 deg C is still an average day. Down in the Lowveld where I used fly from, the day temps in summer also reaches the 45-48 degr C with 90-100% humidity. The humidity is the killer. It's a land of extremes, both climate and beauty. I love this place.

Welcome Stefan how's the flying in SA . Your aircraft look a lot like the Kitfox Skyfox aircraft we have here.what engines do u use most over there ?

Our airframes are approved for nearly any engine in a certian weight and hp (65-150hp) limit but Rotax and Jabiru are the most widely used followed by types like Revmaster, Aerovee, some volkswagen engines, Subaru EA81, Toyota Yaris 3 cyl, Rotec radial, UL Power, D-motor, Continental, Lycoming 233 to name but a few I can think of.

Will be a cheap option. The Rand is up to #$%^ at the moment so this is the time to travel cheap. We are close to Johannesburg International. I can show you guys around.Can't say anything about our planes or school but search the net.

SA's flying is great but challenging to some. The high density altitudes are a challenge. On a 30degr C day at our home field (Petit) ICAO FARA, it easily gets to 8000ft DA and 30 deg C is still an average day. Down in the Lowveld where I used fly from, the day temps in summer also reaches the 45-48 degr C with 90-100% humidity. The humidity is the killer. It's a land of extremes, both climate and beauty. I love this place.

Planning on going to Joburg next year, have to keep this in mind, those altitude and high temp issues are tough, the STOL type of aircraft perhaps make things a little less risky