Greenwing Electric Ultralight On Sale - US$40K

Silly question probably, but what happens if you fly into rain, with the electric motor hanging out in the breeze? I assume it is sealed somehow but it will need some sort of airflow for cooling.

Electric cars would have that problem too I'd assume - still have to cool the motor, but wet roads / downpours / water kicked up from trucks would have to put some moisture into the engine wouldn't it? Obviously it's not hanging up the front with a prop right in front of it in a car though, so I guess the amount of liquid getting to it would be much less.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Electric cars would have that problem too I'd assume - still have to cool the motor, but wet roads / downpours / water kicked up from trucks would have to put some moisture into the engine wouldn't it? Obviously it's not hanging up the front with a prop right in front of it in a car though, so I guess the amount of liquid getting to it would be much less.

But that's a different installation surely... This is in effect, a part 103 ultralight that just became to heavy to offer as such and thats why its a kit S-Lsa. Asked Quicksilver ( when they offered an ultralight ) what there policy would be flying into rain and Im sure they would say " Dont !! "... My point here is that this is a very " good weather flying machine " so if rain is about.. in most cases it would not be suitable to fly so thats the solution...

With electric cars like the Teslar.. its been ( and PRICED ) to drive in all conditions. I guess you gotta read whats on the tin !

I'd love to see the look on the casa inspectors face at a ramp check. "Where's your fuel plan? Reserves?" it'll be difficult to get exact battery life to plan a flight as accurately as with fuel.

I guess they still have to make up the rules for this stuff.