Why is this forum obsessed with posting accidents ?

I take it you haven't done any diversion training FT, which might be a good idea because there are many causes of diversions, and you need to be able to do in-flight re-planning calculations and come out with the right fuel endurance and destination time vs last light as just two of the requirements. Sitting there looking at a GPS or EFis and dribbling will not do that for you.

• Agree 1

This leads my to wonder how effective an RAA crash investigator would really be. Often the crash site and vehicle offer no clues to why someone crashes.No gps, no cockpit recorder, no efis logging. Can make for a difficult investigation into a plane crash.

Any decent investigator will tell you that it is not just about figuring out the why, or what happened. It's also about excluding all the other reasons that might explain why, and for that a trip to the site could be quite valuable.

I would disagree there FT. Pilot error is the one thing we PILOTS have complete control over. What a strange statement.

unless you have something like GPS and EFIS log, its hard to know what the sequence of events are that led to the mistake.

Sorry, FT, I find that a bit hard to swallow. What do you think aviators did all those years stretching from the beginning of the 20th century (when Wilbur and Orville first flew) until the 1990s (when GPSs first started to be fitted to some aeroplanes)? Those pilots, for nearly a century, were able to figure out errors without GPSs and EFIS logs.