Registration Delays

Jabiru7252

Well, we posted the latest bits they requested on our 19-rego this week [30th Oct 2013]. Rego ran out in May, so we hope this is the very last (apart from payment).

8 November - phone call from RAA for payment and they emailed completed 12 month Rego. Now due in Nov next year. My guess is that because we exceeded the 90 day grace period, our aircraft's registration was then cancelled. When we completed all the tasks assigned to us our aircraft was then returned to the register for 12 months (new registration).

On the RAA site the graph of average times to process renewals is a little misleading ... no renewal will exceed 90 days (it is cancelled), and I assume not counted. Or was ours counted as one day?

We still have the more complex task for the Karasport ahead, but will try asking if they will adopt the plans and data set for similar aircraft already on the register (as per Ozzie's advice above). It too will be a new rego as it was due April.

Sue

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More like they learned from Centrelink. My Mum was talking to Centrelink a while ago about her pension and why it took so long to get things done. Apparently about 2 years ago Centrelink got a rocket up them from the Minister about the high number of ongoing cases that have never been resolved, finalised or were just taking too long to get anything done. Centrelink's answer was to CLOSE any file as inactive that had not replied to their correspondence within 14 days. Now they have very few ongoing files but have to re-open a case when they finally hear from their clients.

Who said they were stupid?? - Kev

• Informative 1

It is a sign of the times, try getting a gun license, the only thing that happens quickly is they take the money out of your credit card then if you are lucky you get the license three months later.

Emailed photos and renewal well before rego expiry.

After expiry, they wanted weights and balance done, and sign off by inspector.

3 weeks, still waiting. Emails to them seem to be forwarded to "Relevant Department".

Maybee they are trying to find some other tricky and costly thing to ask me for??

Grounded = Not Happy !

RAAUS = Broken ?

I received a really nice phone call from the acting Tech manager assuring that my rego would be sorted before next weekend.

He stated that rego should not be held up due missing photo, or form in the file, however if these are not supplied, then the next rego would be held, until they are.

i.e. The aircraft isn't unsafe because a form isn't filled out correctly.

Flying = Happy !!

I hope there will be no more groundings due paperwork delays.

• Like 1