Can I use my GA logbook for RAA flights?

CASA says I must record my flights in a logbook.

I have logged my GA time over the years in in a GA logbook and now that I'm moving to RAA flying I wondered if I can continue to use my GA logbook or do I need to start up a separate RAA book? My Gliding flights are recorded in a GFA logbook and that got me thinking about this.

Can anyone give a definitive answer?

Regards

Gandalph (grey but not necessarily wise)

I do.

Use one (or two [for dual and solo]) of the (usually) spare columns in your log book to record your RA-Aus time - it is all aeronautical experience.

Include it in your total hours on each page.

DWF 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

The simple way is to use 1 logbook. If you use 1 and do a GA BFR which qualifies for both then the one entry by the ATO does the job. OR you can carry 2 logbooks / can (or will) the GA ATO enter a BFR endorsement in a RAA only logbook without being RAA licenced?

Simple answer one logbook, one endorsement, and everyone is happy.

Can't see why not crashley. I think it if OK to have one for gliding or U/L's, etc .It's not with trucks for obvious reasons. Your log book is a legal document, and when you fill one you make a summary and transfer it to the next one. I have only used one at a time myself, but there was a lot of flying I didn't log in the early days, as I wasn't sure of the status of it, and whether it would count for various purposes, in the future, so my view was any "doubt leave it out", so it is less complete as a document of history. Nev

Guest Andys@coffs

Because each renewal for RAAus you have to tell them how many hours in RAAus aircraft for the year....keep a running total....or count them each year...either way you will count them seperately

Andy

Because each renewal for RAAus you have to tell them how many hours in RAAus aircraft for the year....keep a running total....or count them each year...either way you will count them seperatelyAndy

True, I put a line/date in my book at the point of my previous renewal. Then I only have to count the hours from that date on to the current date.

Going on the logbooks I've seen, most people do record GA and RAAus into the same one but there's no requirement to do so. I have always kept separate logbooks for my GA / Recreational / Gliding hours because they are flown on different licences / certificates.

The duty hours limitations don't apply to recreational flying (although its illegal to fly when fatigued) and there is no neccesity to carry your logbook(s) on a flight

Cheers

John