The Flying Paperclip

Nev25

• 2 months later...
This be the flying paperclip.[ATTACH=full]26441[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]26442[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]26439[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]26440[/ATTACH]

Good one PA. Thanks.

At the air show at Avalon this year there was an Aircraft on display I the SAAA tent affectionately know as the Flying PaperclipAnyone know anything about this??

I'd love to help you find out more about one of Australia's most innovative aircraft designers, but even Wikipedia doesn't seem to have anything on him. About time someone (with more knowledge than I) entered the story of Charles Lugetti and his Stratos aircraft, the splash it made at Oshkosh and how he was taken from us while flight testing. I saw a Stratos at the Temora museum a couple of years ago. Perhaps you could start there.

Return email from LGT Aerospace

Plans are not available at the moment. The new Stratos is currently being built, it will confirm the aspects of the design and drawings before any commercial sale will take place.

Thanks

LGT Aerospace

There has been a very good discussion about the Stratos at the following link http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/aircraft-design-aerodynamics-new-technology/5262-ligeti-stratos.html. It makes for an interesting read about people's passion for the design and also about some of the perceived/actual problems with the aircraft.

• Informative 1