Feet haven't touched the ground!

Guest derosa64jr

Guest derosa64jr

I think it’s about time I stopped the lurking I’ve been doing for the last 9 months and come out in the open.

Even though I’ve not posted before I have found my almost daily visits to the Forum an absolute mine of information which has really helped in my appreciation of recreational aviation.

Anyway, the excuse for this post is that I managed to pass my Pilot Certificate Flight Test last Saturday at Warnervale NSW on a J160C and felt I needed to share it with people who know what it means to achieve that milestone.

I've just fulfilled a dream that I’ve had since my teenage years (don’t ask!).

Since Saturday my feet have not really touched the ground and I can’t wait for next Saturday when I’ll be flying again. I almost feel like a teenager again.:)

John

YA HOO......WELL DONE MATE!!! ;)

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"

- Leonardo da Vinci

A achievement deserving of all our applause 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Guest derosa64jr

Thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated.

I have always thought the Warnervale bitumen worryingly narrow, but as my esteemed instructor responded when I grizzled about it, “if you land down the white centre line then it doesn’t matter how wide the bitumen is”.

It took me a while to get relaxed and comfortable about it, especially in a crosswind, but I must admit it’s a good discipline for accurate flying.