Raaus Bi-election For Nsw/act

Guest DWB

Heard that the NT vacant spot could go to the candidate from another state with the highest number of votes that wasn't elected so that is Brent. Until next september.

Heard that the NT vacant spot could go to the candidate from another state with the highest number of votes that wasn't elected so that is Brent. Until next september.

Sorry, the way I understand it is that it doesn't work like that. The NT position wasn't vacant at the time of the annual general election at which you stood as a Victorian candidate, the NT vacancy was declared after the announcement of the AGM and candidates. The constitution makes provision for the situation to which you allude if say at the next bi-election for NSW and the NT there was to be no NT candidate, then the candidate for NSW with the next highest number of votes to the successful candidate could take up the NT position if he/she desired.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder to all NSW / ACT RAAus members that voting papers & info are with your January edition of Sport Pilot (can't confirm that myself as I have not received my copy as yet). So look for the paperwork & exercise your right to vote. We have 4 candidates to choose from, 3 who are relatively unknown but from all accounts worthy candidates & 1 with a known history having been a Board member up until the last election. Try & do some research with people who might know these candidates to help in making an informed decision.

Remember to follow the voting instructions to the letter or your vote may well be wasted. This is how we get the Board we want as members.

We have 4 candidates to choose from, 3 who are relatively unknown but from all accounts worthy candidates & 1 with a known history having been a Board member up until the last election. Try & do some research with people who might know these candidates to help in making an informed decision.Remember to follow the voting instructions to the letter or your vote may well be wasted. This is how we get the Board we want as members.

Can I second Dexter's comments and remind members that our ex-treasures "known History" was less than impressive!

Please exercise your democratic right and submit the voting papers.

Cheers John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlackRod

All of the candidates are to some extent known to me. Obviously, having run against the former Treasurer, I could not give him my endorsement.

Michael Apps was Proxy for Paul Middleton at the AGM and the last Board Meeting. His wisdom and knowledge are of legendary proportions. His performance in the Board Meeting, equally impressive. A very safe pair of hands.

Col Jones is known to many on here from his posts on here and on another Forum. Those posts and his election statement demonstrate a good grasp of the issues and a commitment to improve RA-Aus.

Mark Dunstone is probably not known to many members outside of the ACT. I met Mark at the last Board Meeting and formed a very favourable impression of his intelligence and enthusiasm. I've googled him - you should try that. He has a track record of being somebody who goes hard at getting things done and gets them done!

Please exercise your democratic obligation and cast a formal vote - make sure you follow the instructions on how to vote because a lot of votes at the last election were dismissed as informal mostly because people forgot to put their membership number on the outside of the envelope.

If, like about 80% of the membership, you don't vote you could be saddling the Board with people who will not help to get done the massive workload in front of us.

RA-Aus is at a pivotal stage and we need to tip the balance in favour of a smarter, harder-working, more effective Board and not a return to the past.

A ratbag on another forum has implied that what Blackrod has contributed above, although being deceptively clear not to mention this is the post, he is referring to, perhaps is some form of violation by a sitting Board Member. What a load of crock!

I must congratulate Blackrod (Don Ramsay by name is no secret, eh Don) in the way he has couched his comments on the election, above. It demonstrates the professionalism required to be a Board Member & still be an ordinary member of RAAus & as such has a right to an opinion.

Colin Jones (a candidate) has countered those claims "over there" pointing out the real truth of the matter in that when that sites Administrator was a Board Member he unashamedly led a vitriolic stance against another candidate (Mr Caban) supporting other candidates.

To Glenn, this site forum administrator, I am sorry I have to post this, it is not my intention to start forum wars III, but I am unable as a person banished from "over there" to vent my disgust in any other way. Colin Jones you might find yourself here only as well like many others of us with your comment but good on you for saying what needed to be said.

What I said elsewhere (with some edits)

"Comments by the board members might carry some weight in the minds of the voting public.

I am more concerned about the lack of involvement in any forum by the vast majority of the board and other candidates.

we are limited, in most cases, to the de-personallized board summaries of peoples behaviors on the board and by the pitiful A4 statements and photos put up by the candidates.

I, of course, have voted for myself as I hadn't received any info that this would have been an act of folly (or crass stupidity).

The last election campaign was carried out "over there" with vigour, a vigour in which the administrator played a large part. Since then "over there" has been dumbed down, the Daily Telegraph aren't interested in RA-Aus, RA-Aus is not progressing far with their web-site and the ordinary members are still very much in the dark.

I would welcome any comments by board members on any topic - it would at least allow us to test them in our minds about their capacity to do their job.

Cheers

Col

Vote Colin Jones [1]

and remember preferences might count

so vote Michael or Mark [2]

Mark or Michael [3]

David [4]"

Cheers

Col :sadangel:

A ratbag on another forum has implied that what Blackrod has contributed above, although being deceptively clear not to mention this is the post, he is referring to, perhaps is some form of violation by a sitting Board Member. What a load of crock!

DWB is reffering to some other "ratbag". My comments above were a reponse to that original post.

Glenn, sorry to use your site as a battle ground. There will be another election later this year and there is still a lot of angst out there. The election for a Tasmanian may well be an event that even Ben Hur would feel dwarfed in.

Keep well all.

Yes, Col I was definitely referring to the original poster on that site & not yourself! Apologies to you for how it could be construed I was referring to you. I'm sure, given history, most would know where my attack was directed though. Good luck to you in the election!

EDIT: I would hope you voted for yourself! I was always told in any election, regardless of what the position is, if you aren't prepared to vote for yourself, then you shouldn't stand.

Dex, don't worry about what you have read elsewhere about the election because that poster needs to take a look at their hypocritical self and think back to the last election when he made a tirade of many untrue comments about a particular representative that would have affected their ability to obtain votes. Said individual should tread very carefully and I hope he's reading this because I hope he feels like a fool for what he has just written. I won't say any more, I don't want this Tier-1 aviation site to be swimming in the reads with the Tier-2's.

All that aside, Col I wish you luck, however please do regularly contribute here as otherwise members may think that you have signed up to further your political position.

Hopefully you are able to contribute here and use the collective wisdom to assist with your position if successful.

Glenn,

there has to be a forum where members can get down to the fundamentals.....another forum "dumbed itself down" to the extent that 'thinking' members have deserted in droves...

please allow/setup a forum where a bit of argy/bargy is allowed and not moderated to excess....

this IS the happiest forum for aviators in Oz...but they do need room for robust debate.

Snip - snip

All that aside, Col I wish you luck, however please do regularly contribute here as otherwise members may think that you have signed up to further your political position.

Hopefully you are able to contribute here and use the collective wisdom to assist with your position if successful.

Thanks Avi8tr for the gentle suggestion you made. Whether I am on the board or not I will try to have a face and contribute where I can be of service, my responses aren't too lethal and my questions aren't too stupid.

Keep well

Guest BlackRod

I presumed that my identity was well known. Perhaps, perhaps not. For those who don't know I am a current Members' Representative on the Board of RA-Aus elected for the first time last September.

I believe my comments on the candidates above are factual and intended to give people who have not met them a sense of their individual styles.

Of course each voter needs to make up their own minds and do their own research on the candidates.

Don Ramsay

• 2 weeks later...

And the winner is Michael Apps. Congratulations to him. Congratulations also to the other contenders for putting themselves up for election.

Knowing Michael, I would expect 'sincere and straight' representation, as I would have expected from those that gave members a choice.

Everyone wins.

Thanks guys

...i reckon there are a heaps of challenges (that must be met) ahead for the RAA Board...we need to support them.