Announcement

Admin

When your smiley solicitor shakes you by the hand and says "that was a great result" he's referring to his bank balance of course, and although you might have been awarded X grand, the nasty surprise normally comes later with his final bill with all the extra incidentials, so you have just enough left for the postage stamp to post your final cheque:gaah:

Been there, done that.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have worked with contracts of this kind for 20 years, IT contracting, and have seen them change over that time. Basically there is nothing you can do as they always contain "out" clauses and this is one area that is often negotiated however when job vacancies are low with many many applicants your negotiation power is low. When you take a contract on you are accepting those terms and conditions so there is nothing one can do.

This contract I started in March.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts and should be back in Melbourne soon, spend time with the family and get back into focusing on this site for everyone. I got Lachlan, my 12 yo son up here yesterday so will take him to Dreamworld for the day, which I promised him we were going to do next school holidays and tomorrow start packing up. Hoping to sell the furniture to the apartment owner...thanks again for your thoughts

Well that is truly a bugger Ian, as Mark said welcome to the Can Do (can't) state, expect of course vote themselves a 30% pay increase and then say that is was not us that gave us this wage rise, it was an independent body... yea sure we all believe that.. maybe the other half of your pay is going into Newmans pocket as part of his pay increase... God don't you love pollies>>>>>> :(

Good luck in future Ian..

David

• Agree 1