Flight Design CTSW & CTLS

shafs64

CTSW is def more of a handful due to the short coupled fuselage... CTLS is a bit more forgiving with CofG... so not as much pitch sensitivity..

However if you master a CTSW then no probs with a CTLS IMHO.. Cheers

Shafts, as you may know I have owned 2 CTsw's and have many hours in them. I can say they don't like to land as they float so much with the lift the wings generate so make sure your speeds coming in are accurate. I use to like just letting her tell me when she was ready to simply plop on the runway after floating along till she was ready. In the air they are so helpful that you can in many situations just let go of the stick and they will come back to straight and level on their own. Coming in at 40 deg flaps is a daunting look as you are looking anymore ground than air so that needs some getting use to...I very rarely used 40 and much preferred 30 for this very reason however 40 is really good to get them down on shorter strips because of the float I previously mentioned. Like the jab, when landing keep the front wheel off the ground for as long as you can but watch out you don't scrape the tail. I the stall you can still do the evening 3 step as you still have full control over them.

Hope this helps a little