sling 2

shafs64

myself and a mate of mine david,magishme on here,have spoken with errol a couple of times once at evans head flyin and the second at watts bridge ,we r hoping to catch up with him at heck field when he has some time.He is a great bloke to talk to and very knowledgeable about the aircraft and seems to be genuinely interested in taking the time to talk with people,regardless that he obviously is in the market to sell the sling 2 and 4. If im ever in the position to spend that sort of money on a new a/c i would be buying 1 for sure

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I spent an hour in the Caboolture Sling with an instructor and loved every minute of it. Flys with a very solid, settled feel to it. Loved also the fuel injected iS Sport ROTAX - smooth as silk on the throttle. After a fair bit of research and flying comparable aircraft, I've order a factory built Sling 2 LSA.

I currently fly a Tecnam Sierra and the Sling is the equal or better and, for me that is high praise. Built like a brick outhouse - very strong. Clincher for me was the sliding canopy. After the Sierra I couldn't live with a bubble canopy.

Cost? $135k will get you flying but an aircraft like this deserves a few nice bits but that's up to the individual. Now the agonising wait for delivery - Petermah would know how that feels.

• Like 1

Do you think the foxbat would be? What is the lead time for the sling?

Would be what? I know many who are very happy with the Foxbat and they are popular on a global scale.

I, personally, wouldn't rate the Foxbat as strong as the Sling but if treated well should be OK.

I know of one at least in a flying school (Heck Field) that has done a great number of hours with few issues.

Lead time for the Sling is a combination of Order time, Build time, freighting to Aus time and reconstruction in Aus plus testing, approvals and Registration. Talk to Errol at Global Aviation Products for a current schedule but it will be at least 4 months from start to end I would guess.

• Like 1

The Icon A5 was a game changer in my view particularly the ambience of the cockpit and the convenience of the folding wings. A brilliant, innovative design but I don't understand why it has taken so long to get to market.

• Agree 1

The Icon A5 was a game changer in my view particularly the ambience of the cockpit and the convenience of the folding wings. A brilliant, innovative design but I don't understand why it has taken so long to get to market.

Ide have a guess at that ,

Building a new innovated design ends up being the easy part !

Its what comes next is the game changer .

Mike

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I spent an hour in the Caboolture Sling with an instructor and loved every minute of it. Flys with a very solid, settled feel to it. Loved also the fuel injected iS Sport ROTAX - smooth as silk on the throttle. After a fair bit of research and flying comparable aircraft, I've order a factory built Sling 2 LSA.I currently fly a Tecnam Sierra and the Sling is the equal or better and, for me that is high praise. Built like a brick outhouse - very strong. Clincher for me was the sliding canopy. After the Sierra I couldn't live with a bubble canopy.

Cost? $135k will get you flying but an aircraft like this deserves a few nice bits but that's up to the individual. Now the agonising wait for delivery - Petermah would know how that feels.

Nice work Don on ordering the Sling, out on your own on this one or in it with a few others.

For you to defect from the Tecnam Sierra it must be a great plane.

Alf

• Like 1

Nice work Don on ordering the Sling, out on your own on this one or in it with a few others.For you to defect from the Tecnam Sierra it must be a great plane.

Alf, this plane is so good it managed to scare away the scorpions that normally reside in my pocket. Buying solo this time but not regretting the syndicate - it worked very well.

I considered the Astore briefly but felt that the service and parts backup for the Sling in Aus is very good. Can't really complain about the great service from Bruce Stark but parts for our Tecnam had to be sourced from Italy.

May one day consider creating another syndicate but not for a year or two yet.

There is to be a gathering of Slings at Heck Field on D Day, 6th June with the the squadron then flying out for a circumnavigation of our big Island. Really looking forward to that little sortie!

• Like 2
  • Caution 1

Thanks Alf. Funny thing is if our syndicate had bought a new or nearer new Sierra, I would have been happy to stick with the Tecnam - they are a great design and fly as well as any aircraft I've had my paws on. The Sling is stronger and cops a slight weight penalty to go with it. But the iS Sport Rotax means you can carry less fuel with consumption down around 12 litres per hour while cruising at 110 KTAS. Ironic because the Sling can hold 150 Litres!

• Informative 1

hey don if u r happy to let me know when u get it, and david and i will come and hav a look and drool over it or as close as u will let us haha ,obviously u will want to hav a play with it for awhile b 4 u let others near it though.

• Like 1