Lightening holes

Pylon 500. Glad to hear you have flown the RV4. Its lightening holes are not turned in 45 deg. Mor like 15 deg.

As far as polishing the edges there is a little hand held tool, like a swivelling Z shaped piece of tool steel in a handle. Just great for anything above 1/8" dia and doesn't take off too much.

I am glad to hear you have a plane under construction, having followed your posts here and in other places for years.

glad to hear you have a plane under construction

Technically it's not my plane, more a design for a friend, to suit her needs.

Likes the view out the front of her GT400, but wants handling, performance and comfort of a Foxbat.

Looked into the Aeroprakt A-20 Vista, but didn't want tandem seating.

Had a fly of a Vista at Oshkosh last year;

Vista.jpg.5794d67071e383545c5810c5209f62ec.jpg

OOPS, 90 types (or so)...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif The RV-4 was back about #80...

RVUL-4.jpg.aa4c83b62e7f8e92fa682030374060b4.jpg

The debur tool I'm using came from Dick Smith (I think), good tool, but the tight bend tip breaks easily 013_thumb_down.gif.ec9b015e1f55d2c21de270e93cbe940b.gif

DeBur.jpg.c2ae15989d02c9fd3c758a8a9a6393b2.jpg

Arthur.

I wanted an unobstructed view, more range and power and something that is no overly affected by weather if it has to be tied down. It will also be a tail dragger and I am considering levying fines against those that ask or suggest that I paint it pink. Currently I have a GT400 and while its okay for flying around the local area, I am feeling the need to travel further afield and the GT400 is not up to that. Hence this build!!!

Thats interesting. An RV4 RAAus 19-registered and it has seat belts for a passenger.

I wonder what it weighs empty, it looks like a metal prop and also has radio fitted. How much fuel can it carry?

Thats interesting. An RV4 RAAus 19-registered and it has seat belts for a passenger.I wonder what it weighs empty, it looks like a metal prop and also has radio fitted. How much fuel can it carry?

Probably enough fuel for one circuit

I wanted an unobstructed view, more range and power and something that is no overly affected by weather if it has to be tied down. It will also be a tail dragger and I am considering levying fines against those that ask or suggest that I paint it pink. Currently I have a GT400 and while its okay for flying around the local area, I am feeling the need to travel further afield and the GT400 is not up to that. Hence this build!!!

All right, at the risk of a fine, tell us what the GT400's colour is 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Originally it was red and over time, the colour of the cloth has faded and in certain light situations can look a different hue of pink. However the suggestion is usually related to my gender rather than the colour of the GT400. Its eventual colour is usually a question that is asked by anyone visiting pylon500's hangar or anyone who learns that it is me that is doing the building.