Compass mounting

Jacko,

You won't find much better for the XT than one of these Silva 70 compasses, easy mounting on the compression strut.

Video of my old trike which will show the mounting of the compass.

Alf

• Like 1

Nice video - good to see some different airstrips...

I've got same compass - I've put plastic clips on - which allow the compass cradle tobsimply press onto the compression strut

Might have a pic somewhere

I have 1 of those brand new unopened (in Alf,s pic above ) pm mecheers Gareth

Gday There Gareth, Im also interested in acquiring one of these compasses mate. if you still have that one that is Gareth.

Gday There Gareth, Im also interested in acquiring one of these compasses mate. if you still have that one that is Gareth.

I have one for sale, $12000.00, comes complete with trike, trailer and everything you need to fly 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Regards Bill

• Haha 2
  • Winner 1

• 1 year later...
Guest Andys@coffs

Trap for young players.... If the mount can easily move relative to pointing straight forward then when using compass only for navex then best ensure there is a Line on the pole and the mount that you can check to ensure that aircraft and compass both point the same way..... When I did my cross country everything was constantly out....wasn't till I got home that I worked out why...

Andy

Oh and as a suggestion any hardware used in the mount needs to be non ferrous..... Brass preferably, so as not to affect accuracy. Can't tell for sure but the bolts and captive nuts look either steel or stainless, both sub optimal....

Mark11, that's an awesome mount, where did you get it? I've been using electrical tape and it's not very stable..

The mount bracket came with the compass. The clip ons I bought from

The yacht shop lake Illawarra- Wollongong