New guy saying "Hi".

Ben79

Hi all,

I just stumbled onto this great little forum. I live in the Yarra Valley and am just starting out with the RA training. A bit of decision making going on at the moment regarding the flying school for me (Lilydale Vs Coldstream) but I am very keen to get flying and to start racking up the hours.

Hope to run into some of you guys who are flying around the Yarra Valley very soon.

Cheers, Ben.

Hi all,I just stumbled onto this great little forum. I live in the Yarra Valley and am just starting out with the RA training. A bit of decision making going on at the moment regarding the flying school for me (Lilydale Vs Coldstream) but I am very keen to get flying and to start racking up the hours.

Hope to run into some of you guys who are flying around the Yarra Valley very soon.

Cheers, Ben.

Welcome Ben,

I am based at Coldstream, involved in aircraft maintenance and am sure that Bob from YVFT would be delighted to get you up and flying in the Tecnam P92. It is a great performer, which I quite enjoy flying myself. I haven't had lots to do with Lilydale so can't really compare the two. They seem to use Jabs. Suggest you drop in at both, view the aircraft and get a feel for the instructor. At either place you will have a great valley to fly around.

Welcome Ben. . . . I have fond memories of Lilydale, . . .I used to live just down the road from there in a little town called Boronia, nestling at the bottom of the dandenongs,. . and flew into Lilydale many times. Mostly it was waterlogged ! ! ! but not a bad little field usually. When I knew it, it had a little shack and no flying club or school, but this was in the early 1970s, so obviously, things improve over time.

Welcome to the forum, . . . .ask anything you'd like to know and there will be several hundred people who will try and help. ! ! !

Phil

Hi all,

Thanks for the welcomes.

"Hope to run into some of you...." Not literally hopefully. No not literally. I enjoy living a bit too much to entertain the thought of bouncing airplanes off each other in the air.

Work is busy at the moment but it should ease up in the next couple of weeks. Once it has eased up a bit I will get out and talk to Bob and do a flight at Coldstream. I have done a TIF at Lilydale and enjoyed it a lot. I really couldn't fault anything about it or the instruction, but I will still go and see Bob and see what they have to offer.

Have a good time at Tyabb those who are going for a look.

Ben.

Welcome Ben.

I have been training at Lilydale and went to first solo in a Jabiru late last year. Had a great time with Bob Irvine as my instructor and can't fault the instruction I received. A very friendly and supportive environment at the school.

I am now on a spouse-enforced break from flying...pull_hair.gif.3994f465d56951521f66ae0593c25df0.gif..something about family responsibilities, money, blah, blah, blah....

Cheers,

Tony

Welcome Ben.I am now on a spouse-enforced break from flying...pull_hair.gif.3994f465d56951521f66ae0593c25df0.gif..something about family responsibilities, money, blah, blah, blah....

Welcome Ben, good to have you aboard.

Just be patient, the family will quickly grow and after the weddings and other expences your situation should improve.

Many years ago when I was close to purchasing a property with it's own airstrip not far from Sydney, my spouse went cool on me and the funds were mostly then donated to the smiley solicitor.

Keep her on the right side, but don't suggest she gets a job both nights and weekends so you can fulfill your ambition.

You'll get there in good time, and hopefully sooner.

Rgds Planey