Performance Charts (P charts)

Jabiru7252

• 5 weeks later...
Call me stupid; I cannot find any 'P' charts in any of my Jabiru documentation but I have been told they are there. So, can somebody enlighten me please?

Tempting, but I don't know you 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif... Does any other Jab jockey want some? Is it worth generating some?

Some good work done in South Africa developing todr charts

It would be a good tool if done correctly

Problem may be that not all Jabirus are the same, as in many are kit built and even factory ones all differ in performance a little

Also quite a few variants now

• Agree 1

Well LSAs and Certified are all factory built to a standard and should have Pcharts.

Those of us who trained with Pcharts know they can tell you if you are likely to kill yourself on a takeoff or landing if you know how to use them.

If we don't have Pcharts in RAA how can our training be equivalent to GFPT or what is to be call RPL?

• Agree 1

Have a look at this

Came from Avcom site in RSA, developed from theoretical numbers however tested with a number of J430 at various loads and they reckon its pretty good

Good to see some big loads and high and hot DA to work with

J430 take off distance calculator 030114.pdf

Well LSAs and Certified are all factory built to a standard and should have Pcharts.Those of us who trained with Pcharts know they can tell you if you are likely to kill yourself on a takeoff or landing if you know how to use them.

If we don't have Pcharts in RAA how can our training be equivalent to GFPT or what is to be call RPL?

The let-out is that very light aeroplanes are slow enough that you can eyeball the TOR / TOD; and it's true with the early ultralights - the minature Cessnoids, however, kind of invalidate the concept. The Aeronca Chief POH (it didn't have one) is a relic of the same philosophy.

As the laws of physics are pretty reliable, there is a good process for modelling P charts, given only a few measured performance data points - the more you have, the less conservative the chart gets.

• 3 months later...
Well LSAs and Certified are all factory built to a standard and should have Pcharts.Those of us who trained with Pcharts know they can tell you if you are likely to kill yourself on a takeoff or landing if you know how to use them.?

I don't even have a manual for the Auster....crank on flap, push down hard on heels, open throttle and raise heels slightly...amazing :-)

Kaz

(Tongue in cheek 023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gif096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif )

Hahaha well I did get some grace from the jabiru factory, when I called them which was .. don't take a jabiru into an airstrip that's shorter than 600m. And ,when I asked them about calculating TODR and LDR, he said to add 130m for each 1000 ft DA change from ISA to the figures in POH . Not very definitive , but it sure beats the other figures in the POH which is .. " nothing '!!! "

I don't even have a manual for the Auster....crank on flap, push down hard on heels, open throttle and raise heels slightly...amazing :-)Kaz

(Tongue in cheek 023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gif096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif )

Behave your self Kaz ... they dont make P Charts short enough for Austers ... LOL

Those numbers are in the POH going back a long time under take off and landing distances

How accurate is a question however significant testing was done and actual data can be supplied by Jabiru especially for LSA models

Those numbers are in the POH going back a long time under take off and landing distancesHow accurate is a question however significant testing was done and actual data can be supplied by Jabiru especially for LSA models

In the POH there are only 2 figures: a take off distance , and a landing distance in ISA . But no P-Chart. Can you direct me to where you found the chart? Is it in earlier models POH... Iv got a 2008 Jabiru 170-C