Training

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone else has heard this disturbing information regarding the pilot/operator maintenance training.? As of 1st. September 2014 we will have CASA restrictions placed on us was to be 1st July 2014 however CASA granted RAAus an extension of time. No getting out of the issue, it is a CASA directive.

The other big problem with this pilot/operator maintenance training RAAus does not have a person to present the training. On my rounds I have only heard of one person doing this training to the CASA standard this is Myles who is an ex board member. I just wonder why RAAus have not taken him on board to help get out of this problem.

If we do not have the training we will not be able to fly over built up areas or carry a passenger in our two seat aircraft.

Not flying over built up areas will mean that there are some airports we cannot land at or depart from. As an example, Emerald, we will not be able to land on 06 or depart from 24 as on the western end there are houses.

Has anyone heard anything so I can confirm/deny this information?

Regards

Keith Page

yes keith it will come as some of the idiots that I have tried to warn about continue to break our rules

to fix this problem if you see or know off some idiot breaking our rules stop them

just remember that bloke with that pen can scratch us off his Christmas list

so your mate that says your aircraft is safe is going to be made more accountable as are you

l2 l3 will be in the firing line off accountable for their work neil

• Caution 1

Does the not over built up areas apply when in the act of landing or taking off?

Does anyone know what CASA requires in the maintenance training. The requirements for GA, done through SAAA are nothing to do with mechanical ability but all to do with paperwork and getting the correct details written down. Having built a GA plane and having the maintenance approval, I wonder if that would apply to the RAAus plane that I also built and presently maintain. I work to the same standards but havn,t done the same paperwork on the RAaus plane.

Hi Yen

As I understand the situation the process of departure and landing over built up areas is relevant to this situation for the RAAus operators. I think it will come out in he wash, in the mean time we will have to march to a CASA band.

Just remember we can fly a plane till the weight of the paper work equals the plane, well looks like it at times.

Regards

Keith Page.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone received an update on the pilot/operator maintenance training??

I am concerned that if we do not get it we will be a type of poor brother GA where we can not do our maintenance and have to pay a L2 and L3 to look over our pride and joy. I think most of us are more than capable of doing the work so why loose it.

Just think who will do the yearly/100 hourly service and what will the cost be.

Regards

Keith Page.

What/ which mechanic/engineer, knows ALL engines on our domestic market

one Fitter- Turner makes the best engine I've ever seen on three continents, Big volume, quad cam, multi valve per cylinder, dry sump, and super-charged , heaps of torque, revs to 15,000 rpm.

Try to get Casa to find a L1 to L10, qualified to work on home building motors, even a Qantas engineer was taken aback !,

Look at miniature motors on youtube' V12' model size,

spacesailor

Good Morning Spacesailor

I not know about you ---- to me this situation looks very like someone trying to feather their own nest. Who better to look after our treasures -- we built them/own them/admire them/dote over them who else in the world would know every nook and cranny of them. As for the engines we can even hear when the fuel is a bit off.

I do not know about you -- my pre-flight sometimes takes till smoko, hence it is case of smoko them leave. The yearly/100 hourly is an easy task as most of the service is a rolling service, the parts/engine and etc. etc are constantly monitored. I do not tinker only look and wipe no screw drivers or spanners.

The other good one -- quite often the very bright people are very humble look at your Fitter and Turner probably never brags about anything.

Regards

Keith Page.

Hi All,I am wondering if anyone else has heard this disturbing information regarding the pilot/operator maintenance training.?

From what I heard, if you pass the online questions then you will retain your maintenance rating, so if you are already conducting your own maintenance this should not be a problem. If you are unable to answer the questions then I guess you will need training in the area you failed on.

• Winner 1

If you made an engine it show "mechanical aptitude" IF like me you have "fear of conflict" problems. bureaucracy will stop every thing, it will stop a person climbing a mountain to swimming an English channel, No paperwork no fun, that could be done safe.

Just have to do every thing behind the OFFIAL's back. To prove it can be done.

spacesailor

• 1 year later...
The other big problem with this pilot/operator maintenance training RAAus does not have a person to present the training.

It's coming .....

Job advert: posted on the RAAus website:

Training Co-ordinator – Recreational Aviation Australia (Full time)

The key responsibilities of the role are

• To develop and implement national training strategies to ensure the continued growth and success of the business

• Coordinating trainers, venues and resources for course requirements.

• Develop, design and facilitate training and assessment programs

• Managing the performance and compliance of RA-Aus trainers

• Reporting where required