Hi there

KING

Hi there,

I've been a pilot for thirty years and I'm interested in pretty much everything that flies.

I'm currently operating an S-14 out of Somersby on the NSW Central Coast. It's good to be on board at Recreational Flying.

Cheers

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Frank. Rans make a pretty neat little aeroplane - my one has electric flaps and they generally fly like a much bigger aircraft. Plus the visibility is amazing for an enclosed cockpit (like a chopper).

Plus the visibility is amazing for an enclosed cockpit (like a chopper).

Yeah,I agree. I rate good visibility in an aircraft as most important. I`ve been in a couple that I would rate as dangerous simply due to poor visibility. Unfortunately! the Rans is one I havn`t flown. A guy I instructed way back when had the S-12 Airaile.

Frank.

Yeah,I agree. I rate good visibility in an aircraft as most important. I`ve been in a couple that I would rate as dangerous simply due to poor visibility. Unfortunately! the Rans is one I havn`t flown. A guy I instructed way back when had the S-12 Airaile.Frank.

The S-12 has too much glass! Try getting a blowfly out of one!

The S-12 has too much glass! Try getting a blowfly out of one!

I can imagine! How`s this though? Ron Biondi, the 84 year old Drifter pilot wears a helmet with a full face viser. He`d just taken off when a Dragonfly got caught under the viser and was fluttering around on his face.

Frank.

• 4 months later...
Hi Kingy. Glad to hear of another Rans fan- am going to dust off a mate's S14 tomorrow for a lap - love it!!What engine have you got?

Hi there Seb, sorry just read your reply. I've got a blue head 582 - How did your lap in your mate's S14 go?

Hi king 30 years- wow

I wish I'd started earlier, but enjoying flying now for almost 2 years...

This is a great site and Ian is about to include a new button which automatically makes us 20 yrs older.

All you have to do it hit it it.

The experience comes later:plane:.