Welcome Pilots Just Landed

Hi all,

Just came accross this site and thought i might say hi.

In a Refueller with fmily in the industry.

I relieve arround the country, Proserpine at the moment.

look forward to hearing stories and seeing photo's

• Like 4

Hi Guys Been off line for a long time , forty years of aviation experience ,now a security guard ,strange shifts. good to be online with you all again looking forward to catching up with all the mail an photos must be two or three years sinc I was on this site.

all the best for now. Rigge05

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi all, i want the damn notification gone, so helloooooo :) also which forum is best for what to look out for when purchasing a plane :) Thank you

Hi abzkam,

Do some of your own research to determine what type of aircraft would suit you, away from this forum and on it and when you have questions about potential aircraft types you are interested in ask forum members using the appropriate forum topic. Do a search first so see if that question has been posted before, you can always add to that forum thread if you have additional questions or comments.

Welcome all.

Wayne

• Agree 2

• 4 weeks later...

I recently had a dream come true when I had my first 5 hours of RA flight training, I am going back in May to have further training and I am really looking forward to gaining a certificate and flying on a regular basis.

I recently had a dream come true when I had my first 5 hours of RA flight training, I am going back in May to have further training and I am really looking forward to gaining a certificate and flying on a regular basis.

Welcome to the forum Sir,. . . . . let us know how you get on with your continued flight training. . . . After FIVE HOURS. . . . you should nearly be ready for solo ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Phil

• Like 1

Hi. new to the site. About to buy my first LSA.

GOOD. . .!. . . MAKE SURE YOU BUY THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU SIR. . . .!

Then,. . .tell us all about it. . . . NO, NO, No,. . .don't tell us that you bought the wrong one,. . . ASK the Lasses and Lads here BEFORE YOU BUY ONE,. . .then weigh up the options. . . . .it's the best way mate. . . . .nobody here will steer you wrong. ( ly ) and you might even buy something you wouldn't have considered in the first place ?? . . . never know. . . .

That's what my forum friends are here for. . . .( don't take any notice of me,. . .I'm too far away from the action in OZ. . . . .as a consequence, I don't know exactly what's available to you in God's own country . . . )

Phil

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Welcome to the forum Sir,. . . . . let us know how you get on with your continued flight training. . . . After FIVE HOURS. . . . you should nearly be ready for solo ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Phil

I went back and soloed at 11 hours. A bit slow I suppose but I was ready at 8 hours and then had low cloud come in and at 9 hours an electrical lead lug broke off which set me back a bit.

I went back and soloed at 11 hours. A bit slow I suppose but I was ready at 8 hours and then had low cloud come in and at 9 hours an electrical lead lug broke off which set me back a bit.

Proud of you Cobber ! . . . .my poor old mate Mike has just had his 34th hour of dual, and he's still flaring at 25 feet and / or bouncing the Eurostar with a sickening crunch . . . . good job it's on grass. . . .( Might be a bit more relaxed if HE was on grass as well ! ! ! )

• Caution 1

After being mentored by a superb flying instructor at Casey Airfield, ( Berwick, Victoria ) named Alan Baskett,. . .I also was sent solo in under ten hours,. . . ( 6 and a half to be semi-precise 'ish. . .) although I had had loads and loads and loads of hours of "Hands on" experience in tiger moths and Austers, and a lot of other machines since the age of seven,. . .followed by doing my "A", "B" and "C" certificates in gliders, some of which experience obviously accounted for something,. . . . But when Alan got out,. . . .I was still BLOODY TERRIFIED. . . . .of the thought of flying solo.

You MUST have had the feeling, . . . the instructor gets out,. . .and you think he is going for a quick leak,. . .then he slams the door and says,. . .bugger off,. . .you're flying the aeroplane ok,. . . ."go and play on your own a bit" . . . .and I swear to God that this is precisely what he said. . . . .

This is where a GOOD instuctor / mentor. . .is worth his weight in gold, frankincense and a bit of myrrh as well. . . .

That is ONE flight you will NEVER forget. . . . . .another milestone in your life that you can't possible repeat. . .

Phil

After being mentored by a superb flying instructor at Casey Airfield, ( Berwick, Victoria ) named Alan Baskett,. . .I also was sent solo in under ten hours,. . . ( 6 and a half to be semi-precise 'ish. . .) although I had had loads and loads and loads of hours of "Hands on" experience in tiger moths and Austers, and a lot of other machines since the age of seven,. . .followed by doing my "A", "B" and "C" certificates in gliders, some of which experience obviously accounted for something,. . . . But when Alan got out,. . . .I was still BLOODY TERRIFIED. . . . .of the thought of flying solo.You MUST have had the feeling, . . . the instructor gets out,. . .and you think he is going for a quick leak,. . .then he slams the door and says,. . .bugger off,. . .you're flying the aeroplane ok,. . . ."go and play on your own a bit" . . . .and I swear to God that this is precisely what he said. . . . .

This is where a GOOD instuctor / mentor. . .is worth his weight in gold, frankincense and a bit of myrrh as well. . . .

That is ONE flight you will NEVER forget. . . . . .another milestone in your life that you can't possible repeat. . .

Phil

This, for me, was ab initio training.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Brand new here. Had a hiccup just getting registered to the site. Admin was able to sort it out after an email. (Thanks Ian).

Don't know much about flying yet, that's why I wanted to join and be able to ask questions and learn from those who have gone before. My motto has always been "crawl, walk, run". Eventually hope to add a "fly" to the end of that creed. Now off to explore the site. Hope to chat soon.

Darren

Hi all,Brand new here. Had a hiccup just getting registered to the site. Admin was able to sort it out after an email. (Thanks Ian).

Don't know much about flying yet, that's why I wanted to join and be able to ask questions and learn from those who have gone before. My motto has always been "crawl, walk, run". Eventually hope to add a "fly" to the end of that creed. Now off to explore the site. Hope to chat soon.

Darren

Hiya Darren, ( Darell. . .? ) . . .my motto has changed to Fly,. . .walk,. . .crawl. . . . but I guess that's just a part of getting old disgracefully. . . .

Welcome to the forum. . .YES. . .you can ask some sensible questions on here,. . . .whether you will get answers which are eminently sensible or otherwise useful,. . .well,. . .you'll have to make your own mind up about that mate.

Read a lot,. . . and then ASK. . . . . .

Anyway,. . .nice to have you on board.

Kind regards from Me,. . . .I am a "Usedtoflyerlot. . .but notasmuchnowadayz"098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

welcome aboard mate. I joined the site in January (after buying my first light sport aircraft) and there is such a wealth of knowledge and information. it's great to have the backup of everyone on the site to help with any questions you might have. From Airline pilots to new pilots, everyone has something they can learn from others.

good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I live in central Victoria, Ballarat.

I'm new to this site.

I look forward to asking questions and learning a lot from you all. There are so many tail wheel aircraft flying around, but not too many schools with tailwheel aircraft.

I want to get a tailwheel endorsement in RAA. Any suggestions where I can get one done?

Thank you

Adam

Hello all,I live in central Victoria, Ballarat.

I'm new to this site.

I look forward to asking questions and learning a lot from you all. There are so many tail wheel aircraft flying around, but not too many schools with tailwheel aircraft.

I want to get a tailwheel endorsement in RAA. Any suggestions where I can get one done?

Thank you

Adam

Welcome Adam, . . .can't help with the Tailwheel Endo, as I live too far away. But someone here or several someones will be able to help I'm sure. I used to do a bit of gliding at Bacchus, which is closer to you are than where I lived in Boronia ! ! Heck of a drive thru Melbin that was. . .!

Wonder what you're flying in at the moment,. .? Tell us a bit more. . . .

Cheers. . . Phil. 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

That was a quick response. Thanks Phil.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

I have my ATPL and love flying for a living. But I really want to get back into real flying. GA is quite expensive and great for taking family and friends for a local flight. If I want to go up for a quick buzz when the weather is nice it is either solo or with a mate. So RAA suits me nicely and has amazing aircraft nowadays

I am considering buying a single seater. But nearly all of these aircraft are tailwheels. I have completed 3.5hrs RAA so far and want to finish off my licence with tailwheel so that I can buy myself a fun toy 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

It's a shame you're so far away! Wow, England!

How about yourself, what do you get to fly?