Rockhampton / Yeppoon

Jwh

Hi

Fairly new to the area and wondering if anyone private hires aircraft out of any areas around Rockhampton (yeppoon, emu park, hedlow, etc..)

I know there is RAA private hire from the Rockhampton airport, however the restrictions with this due to controlled airspace takes away passenger carrying, medical required, etc..

I have my RA licence with HF HP NW R PAX. ~70 hours mixed GA and RAA

Looking to jump in an aircraft often to stay current and proficient.

If anyone knows of anyone offering private hire in these areas or someone with a aircraft that may considering it after a few check flights, Would love to hear from you.

Thanks guys!

RAA don't have licences, they are certificates.

Would be a bit righter if you said "they 'have' certificates."

Because obviously the RAA aren't certificates 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif maybe they are certifiable lol

Sorry for the thread hijack

Would be a bit righter if you said "they 'have' certificates."Because obviously the RAA aren't certificates 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif maybe they are certifiable lol

Sorry for the thread hijack

Ok just for you. The RAA do not issue licences, they can only issue certificates as they are not a government organisation.

Ok just for you. The RAA do not issue licences, they can only issue certificates as they are not a government organisation.

Thank you dazza 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Like 1

HiFairly new to the area and wondering if anyone private hires aircraft out of any areas around Rockhampton (yeppoon, emu park, hedlow, etc..)

I know there is RAA private hire from the Rockhampton airport, however the restrictions with this due to controlled airspace takes away passenger carrying, medical required, etc..

I have my RA licence with HF HP NW R PAX. ~70 hours mixed GA and RAA

Looking to jump in an aircraft often to stay current and proficient.

If anyone knows of anyone offering private hire in these areas or someone with a aircraft that may considering it after a few check flights, Would love to hear from you.

Thanks guys!

The Sportstar used for training in Gladstone is also available for hire. At the moment it is only here for 2 days a week, but it will soon be based here full time.

Gladstone might not be as close as you might have liked, but I am not aware of anything any closer to you outside of Rocky's controlled airspace.

If your are interested, google Gladstone Aero Club and look at the " learn to fly" page for contact details.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

You're spot on again dazz.........however the certificate allows the holder licence !__________( to operate under RAA rules )018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

"The verb license or grant license means to give permission. The noun license (American English) or licence (British English, Indian English, Canadian English, ..." 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Hi Jwh,

I see Hedlow YHEW is 11.9nm from YBRK, bit of a pain but pick up pax there or have aircraft ferried there. Times are lean and the School may be flexible. If just for an hour or two, arrange a nice lunch for the CFI at Yeppoon in the sun (your vehicle from Emu Park to sunny Beach)

• Helpful 1

Interesting to get a "optimistic " from " gray" considering that I am correct in saying that the RAA can only issued certificates and not licences. Maybe you can enlighten me Gray.

If I could delete this ridiculous off topic thread, I would..

Instead of helping someone with a simple question, it has been turned into a rubbish talk over 1 simple word, certificate? licence ? really?!?! who cares!

To the few that tried to help by answering on topic... THANK YOU.

To those that continued to fill this thread with rubbish.. THANK YOU (for nothing)

Hope you all have a nice day 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Winner 1

If I could delete this ridiculous off topic thread, I would..Instead of helping someone with a simple question, it has been turned into a rubbish talk over 1 simple word, certificate? licence ? really?!?! who cares!

To the few that tried to help by answering on topic... THANK YOU.

To those that continued to fill this thread with rubbish.. THANK YOU (for nothing)

Hope you all have a nice day 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Who cares ? Well the people who don't want to go around sounding like a dik saying they have a RAA licence when they don't exist.

• 5 months later...

Further to Micks comment on Gladstone...any more idea when the sport star will find a home in Gladstone? Also any reason why the Gladstone aero club page isn't available, will it be back again soon?

And on the topic of this thread is there anyone around in the Gladstone and wider area who consideres private hire of aircraft both RA and GA? More than happy to do check rides and hours to full fill any requirements.

• Like 1