in flight adjustable props for Rotax 912ULS

manna

Hi All

I have been looking to install an inflight adjustable Prop to a Rotax 912ULS, and I am looking for feedback on the IVOprop inflight adjustable solution, and or other solution people have used.

Has any body install one?

if so what one?

Did it perform as expected?

Issues with it?

Did you get any performance increase over your original prop?

Other inflight adjustable props you have tried?

With thanks in advanced

Phil

Has any body install one? Yes

if so what one? Airmaster Constant speed http://www.airmasterpropellers.com/

Did it perform as expected? Very well

Issues with it? None

Did you get any performance increase over your original prop? Never flown the aeroplane with any other prop

Other inflight adjustable props you have tried? None

Europa Classic Trigear with 912ULS

Climb at gross wt 1000fpm plus

Cruise 125KIAS @ 25"map 5300rpm

Topic related - the next hurdle is to get the Endorsement as I believe there are no Factory built Aircraft with a certified Inflight Variable Prop. Got mine in the Texan at Go-Fly before RAA pulled the pin.

Topic related - the next hurdle is to get the Endorsement as I believe there are no Factory built Aircraft with a certified Inflight Variable Prop. Got mine in the Texan at Go-Fly before RAA pulled the pin.

There are certified aircraft with in flight adjustable props e.g Sportstars prior to 2006.

I had a kaspar in flight adjustable prop on a Sportstar, gave it great short field performance and a increase of speed by about 10 knots. I would not bother with an adjustable prop unless you needed short field performance as the top speed is nice but hard to justify the price.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that they are more beneficial on sleek/aerodynamic aircraft.

STOL already take off/climb quite well and "hit the wall" at 80/90 knots where it takes alot more power for marginal gain.

I have an airmaster with whirlwind blades, still in the box, ready to go on my plane, the endorsement problem has come along since I bought it, won't stop me installing it. I wasn't going to build my plane until I could afford this constant speed prop, very nice for long distance cruising, I am not going to even pretend that it will save the extra cost in fuel efficiency or anything like that, I just like it and that is it.

• Like 1

I have an airmaster with whirlwind blades, still in the box, ready to go on my plane, the endorsement problem has come along since I bought it, won't stop me installing it. I wasn't going to build my plane until I could afford this constant speed prop, very nice for long distance cruising, I am not going to even pretend that it will save the extra cost in fuel efficiency or anything like that, I just like it and that is it.

The endorsement is not a problem, my old plane is being used for training and has an in flight adjustable prop. If you want it's location, ask and I'll pm you info.

Also you could initially use a normal prop on your plane to test then get an instructor to endorse you in your plane with adjustable prop.

• Informative 1

Also you could initially use a normal prop on your plane to test then get an instructor to endorse you in your plane with adjustable prop.

That is seriously the smartest solution I have heard, very logical, But the changeover will have serious weight and balance issues, including moving the battery and perhaps even some lead ballast.