L1 Maintainer Training and Assessment Site

slb

Bottom line with L1 privileges - the Tech Manual states a current member holding a valid pilot certificate is qualified as an L1.

Until an official notice is published stating something different, I would suggest any legal advice would support this view. The various CAO exemptions (95,10, 32 and 55) all state aircraft are to be maintained in accordance with the RA-Aus Technical Manual. This could be changed by issuing an Airworthiness Notice stating L1 privileges are suspended until successful completion of the RAAus L1 training and assessment package or a rewrite of the relevant section of the Tech Manual.

• Agree 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bottom line with L1 privileges - the Tech Manual states a current member holding a valid pilot certificate is qualified as an L1.

Exactly!! and I assume this was why it was all 'just a test' (for now at least).

Until an official notice is published stating something different ...

I am guessing this will all come out in the New Technical Manual, being worked on at the moment, I understand? Not sure when it's due to be released though, and I guess everything will be explained, when it is 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

• Like 1
  • Agree 2