How do you get around at destination?

Akromaster

• 2 weeks later...

If you have plenty of spare cash the Yike Bike would be my choice. Made of hi tech carbon fibre, weighs just 11.4 kgs, 20km range with 23kmh top speed & 1.5 hour re-charge time.

Guest Andys@coffs

So size of wheel is the major determiner of how small the fold up result is. 20inch wheels are much less stable than the larger 26" that most of us have graduated to as teenagers, and probably left as we got older. 20" is about as unstable as I would want...something with 8" wheels is in my opinion not something I want to park my butt on...I want to hit a rock and ride over it still on bike...on 26" I wouldn't generally notice the rock, on 20" it might cause a wobble on 8" I might well be sailing over the handlebars........

Andy

@ Andy...that's a good point. The small wheels on the URB-E is probably not going to work well on a highway. For the cost, weight and size I think the AirWheel is still well ahead, although the learning curve is a little higher. I did see that the Australian distributor of AirWheel shut up shop because they couldn't get exemptions for public use. Seems the same thing happened to the Segway.