Hi All

Hello everybody, new here, found this forum via another aviator pal who owns a Long EZ. I own a Cessna 172, 1964 vintage with manual flaps and 6 cylinder Continental.

I keep her on a small grass strip in Norfolk, UK, called Felthorpe. We have two runways, 23/05 and 33/15. Both are quite short, around 450m, and are within controled airspace for Norwich International Airport.

I also fly a De Haviland Chipmunk. Terrain around here is real flat and surrounded by coastline.

Look forward to posting.

Asthecrowflys

• Like 1

Hello everybody, new here, found this forum via another aviator pal who owns a Long EZ. I own a Cessna 172, 1964 vintage with manual flaps and 6 cylinder Continental.I keep her on a small grass strip in Norfolk, UK, called Felthorpe. We have two runways, 23/05 and 33/15. Both are quite short, around 450m, and are within controled airspace for Norwich International Airport.

I also fly a De Haviland Chipmunk. Terrain around here is real flat and surrounded by coastline.

Look forward to posting.

Asthecrowflys

Hi Asthecrowflys,

Welcome to the site! Many moons ago (1972-75) I attended the University of East Anglia in sunny Norwich, so I know the area (or used to know it anyway).

I remember the whole county was very flat, as you say.

Look forward to reading your posts!

Cheers,

Neil

Hello everybody, new here, found this forum via another aviator pal who owns a Long EZ. I own a Cessna 172, 1964 vintage with manual flaps and 6 cylinder Continental.I keep her on a small grass strip in Norfolk, UK, called Felthorpe. We have two runways, 23/05 and 33/15. Both are quite short, around 450m, and are within controled airspace for Norwich International Airport.

Look forward to posting.

Asthecrowflys

Welcome Asthecrow,. . . . . nice to see another Pommie on the site,. . . .( the darned place seems to be full of bloody Aussies. . . . .! )

Nice aircraft you've got,. . .and love the Chippy as well,. . .many happy hours in those,. . . we'll have to fly in and "raid" your strip sometime,, !. . . I'm based at Otherton, just South of Stafford, alongside the M6. . .and also at Mitton, a tiny little strip 5 NM West of Oth,. . . ( 495 metres, 28/10 )

Keep posting and let us know what it's like on the "Flatside" . . . . !

Phil