Resignation from the board

Guest Andys@coffs

Sad news to hear you are leaving the board Andy, although I'm sure we all understand personal life comes before public office. Thanks for all your hard work getting us moving in the right direction and best of luck with the job search. Will you still be involved in the RAA IT steering committee/advisers? Maybe RA-AUS needs to employ an IT officer...

007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif I can hear the screams of "jobs for the boys" already:rofl:

the setup and ongoing guarantee of servicability is part of the contract. A permanent IT guy is $120-150K expense

an "As required" consulting contractor would be much less. Could be done remotely. No need for a permanent on site IT guru.

I can hear the screams of "jobs for the boys" already

Sad but true judging from recent history. Obviously transparency in any decision to engage someone would be an absolute must have. But I suspect that I might have inadvertently triggered some thread drift here. Apologies for that.

• Like 1

I used to contract for a few regional councils once upon a time and the onsite IT guy there was hopeless at anything too complicated. It works out cheaper and more efficient to hire staff who know how to change a printer cartridge and reboot a PC.

Andy, thanks for you all efforts while you were on the RAAus board, I wish you the best of luck with your job hunting, I am sure you will find something...I hope you stay with us here on the forum, please drop in and say hello from time to time..

David

• Like 6

Hi Andy

I also recall the sustained and very valuable input you had to the efforts that brought about such a change in the Association's governance structure. And your continued efforts to continue making those changes ever since.

Like every good representative, you will be sorely missed and hard to replace. I wish you well in your future endeavours and understand how it gets harder as the years pass by and the responsibilities grow.

Best wishes, mate. I sincerely hope that we will not lose,you from either the flying fraternity or this group.

Kaz

• Agree 4

It is very rare in most clubs/organisations to see board members/committee members talk to the great unwashed at a common/modern level. That along with your obvious enthusiasm and love for the organisation will be sorely missed. Good luck in your future and obviously you can now make comments on here without qualifying your position first. Thank You for your service.

• Like 3

I also add my thanks Andy. It takes a special person to volunteer for such a position.

Your communication with us members on this forum was very much appreciated and I hope you will stay around in a private capacity. You should be very proud of what you have achieved.

While I personally will miss your insights, family is always number one.

Best of luck on the job front mate.

Gary

• Like 1
  • Agree 1