J230.. 24 reg, v GA reg

Russ

just what is the difference between the 2,

230 can be Raa, mtow around 600kg, or GA, mtow around 700+ kg,( 4 seater ) .......is there a design / structural difference between the 2.

I did hear the 4 seater had a "repositioned" forward aft of the main legs, ???, so.......just whats's the differences.

Serious question guys.

R

forward.......aft

i heard somewhere ???.....that the axle centre was more aft on the 4 seaters. ( more weight there, extra 2 persons etc ) this may be incorrect, i don't know. Hence this question..........just what is the differences between the 2 models.

• Winner 1

Hey jetjr - What decides if the mtow is 700 or 760?

Mine (J430) was stated as 700 in the kit and the manuals.( mine is a 2007 model) As far as know the newer kits are the same physical kit.

What makes them go up 60 kg.

the amount of crap I take ( well, me and the girl friend take) I would be pretty keen to have mine converted to 760 kg if that were possible.

And before I get some responses that say just put 60 kegs more in and be damned 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif I mean so that it's legal and and so if I have a problem my insurance will still be valid.

Jaba-who. I assume that your plane is GA registered, so to get the weight put up, all you have to do is get it re registered with the new weight. Easy to say, but as far as I know extremely difficult to actually do.

Jaba-who. I assume that your plane is GA registered, so to get the weight put up, all you have to do is get it re registered with the new weight. Easy to say, but as far as I know extremely difficult to actually do.

Actually impossible to do. I have had a word with my AP. As long as Jabiru say the kit MTOW is 700 he is not prepared and doesn't think any AP would re certify it as having a MTOW of 760 and it needs to have that as part of its C of A.

So nope. Probably - Not possible at all.

Actually impossible to do. I have had a word with my AP. As long as Jabiru say the kit MTOW is 700 he is not prepared and doesn't think any AP would re certify it as having a MTOW of 760 and it needs to have that as part of its C of A.So nope. Probably - Not possible at all.

Bummer, you'll just have to leave the spare hair dryers and hair straighteners home 015_yelrotflmao.gif.6321765c1c50ed62b69cf7a7fe730c49.gif

Have a look at the jabiru forum [on this site]about increasing MTOW.

Forward aft would probably mean that the empty C of G would be at its most forward ,aft of the datum line. ie 99mm aft of datum line.[from j230 POH,]

Meaning more weight can go in the back while keeping the c of g in the required area, iebetween 99mm- 277mm aft of datum line

Just a guess

Yeah that looks more do-able. My AP said he was happy to re-issue Cof a at the higher weight provided jabiru said they approved the extra weight. I was under the impression they wouldn't. When I told him that he said no then he wouldn't. But looking at the other thread seems they are happy to do it.

So I think it might be not so impossible after all.