Seahawk Mk4

Hi All

Does anyone know anything about this amphibious 95-10 aircraft built by John Stevens from Brisbane

Trying to add picture but cant figure out how. But does anyone know about the above mentioned aircraft

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

The aircraft was called a "Stick insect". One was featured some years ago on the AUF magazine cover, with an article. A friend of mine built/bought one, only his was powered by a single Robin 440.

There were a few variations of the same aircraft I believe, different control systems and engine configurations. The twin engine one used two JPX outboard engines with hand made aluminium props, and roll control was differential wing AoA, IIRC.

• Informative 1

back in 1982 I built what was called a skyskooter, a variation of this aircraft, designed by stevens and and gunders (no plans as such, just buy the materials and build from their ideas) in the late 70's during the "" scout"" days. flew somewhat over a 1000 hrs in mine before the aircraft retired from lack of use. I still have the airframe in my hanger. another was built by gunders uncle near Bundaberg. flew somewhat like a drifter , although spoilerons made for a slow roll rate, but rudder more than compensated for. would have a photo on file but don't know how to post

would have a photo on file but don't know how to post

Photo file must be .jpg or .png, preferably less than 500kb in size. In the lower right of the reply box click on Upload a file. Select the file from your computer and click Open.

When the progress bar reaches 100%, click on Full Size.

Click on Post Reply.

I remember this aircraft. Also remember an amusing story involving aircraft and the police. One of the locations he used to fly was at Beachmere, Deception Bay. I was out at Redcliffe on day when the police drove up in a hurry and approached some of the guys around the hangars, after chatting for a while they left. I later found out that a pilot flying one of the club aircraft saw a aircraft on the beach and told Flight Service. they had no record of an emergency or knowledge of this aircraft so they called the police to go and look. From memory of what was told to me, it was John and by this time he had packed his aircraft and was on the road heading home when the police roared past heading to the beach. John and his mates knew nothing about all this at that stage. After the police found nothing at Beachmere they were directed to Redcliffe where pilots in the know pointed them in the right direction. Story goes that police were starting to think they may be onto a drug running aircraft!!

• Haha 1