Buy one (BRS) save two (aircraft).

that's interesting, a couple of years ago I called one of the ballistic chute crowds, forget which one, and they told me they couldn't fit it to a Jab. Things must have changed, which is good. I wouldn't mind having one of those on board.[/quoteWas on this Jab.

Phil

image.jpg.93e90ad6b529547bc57758b729047930.jpg

The whole structure has to be designed to handle the forces.

Jabiru still say no.

Anyone who does it is truely experimenting. Not working properly could make things a lot worse - like going from engine failure to wing removal.

Leave it up to buyers and manufacturers to decide, not mandatory.

• Agree 2

The whole structure has to be designed to handle the forces.Jabiru still say no.

Anyone who does it is truely experimenting. Not working properly could make things a lot worse - like going from engine failure to wing removal.

Found this.

A vendre :

30 HEURES DE VOL

PARACHUTE ET TRANSPONDEUR

A VENDRE JABIRU J170VENDU

ULM moteur JABIRU 2.2 85 CV

30 HEURES DE VOL DEPUIS NEUF

EQUIPÉ D'UN PARACHUTE DE SECOURS

VHF/transpondeur

59 500 EUROS

The whole structure has to be designed to handle the forces.Jabiru still say no.

yes, that was the impression I got: that the factory was saying no. I don't own a jab but have thought of buying one. The idea of fitting a ballistic chute without factory support seems a bit scary: a major modification, one that would involve large forces.

I guess if it were made mandatory people would be forced to do do risky things in the name of safety..........CASA wouldnt let that happen..........ha

Could be an engineer in EU approving the mod??

You could fit one here under 19 mod rules, doesnt mean its smart or going to work.

Just find a flat spot and land the plane. Jabs have excellent safety record on airframe and its well tested.

Guest ozzie

Recovery from engine failure would not be the first on the list for fitting a BRS in Europe. Mid air would be top of the list. Can get damn crowded especially around the alps region in summer thousands of PGs, HGs and gliders. wonder how one mount point on the engine mount and another on the main spar carry thru would go on the Jab. If there is a way the Italians will find it.