Oshkosh

Keith Page

SLB while that sounds like a horrible experience I'm still a bit jealous about you going to airventure so not a lot of sympathy:wink:

But seeing as I'm a nice bloke I hope once you do get on the plane you have a good smooth sleepy trip:thumb up:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ozzie

For those that wonder what all the fuss is about here is some nice drone footage of the event grounds without all the crowds.

Finally home

I must say Virgin did a fantastic job, considering how many people were disrupted (just under 300). A lot had connecting flights so everything had to be re-organised for them and another hotel stay in Brisbane before heading off again.

Still wouldn't put me off going again. Once you are there, you forget all about the flight. The sounds of the aircraft, the people etc. nowhere else has the same atmosphere.

Once you are at home .... well, the memories. What more can I say.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
There was talk about this today at the airfield.2 of the 3 are over there at their own expense on their holidays as a personal trip, one has had airfares paid and wages paid as if at work normally.

Perhaps you should ask before spruking that they are all their on a holiday at our expense and stirring everyone up.

I applaud them for showing the interest in doing this out of work study tour rather than being at home or on the beach like the rest of normal employed people

Hello asmol, I am back from my tour of duties. I have read this thread with great interest.. Now that all camps have had their say and Maj has defended all the people in question...

Usually in these situations the truth is usually located some where in the middle of all the smoke. When there is smoke there is a lot of heat or fire somewhere as in this case.

An honest enquiry will get the answers for the members..

Regards

KP.

People are concerned about our member organisation sending up to three people to Oshkosh in this climate of austerity being enforced on the membership. Regular member services like a readable paper copy of the revised operations manual, a readable paper copy of our magazine, and even the delivery of the much lauded technical manual revision are becoming distant memories. When I joined just a few years ago these things were core business, were what you got for you membership.

asmol - thanks for the clarification on the staff attendance.

I think I would be more concerned 'after the event' if board members did not attend what is clearly a major event for the aviation community.

Hats off to those board members and staff whom attended in their own time - I owe you a beer for your dedication to the sport....026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Glad to hear you lucky guys had such a good time - maybe next 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif Oshkosh for me.

• Agree 2