Fatal Aircraft Accident Deniliquin NSW

Any flying <500ft, aerobatics, formation, spinning. These things have always required specific training and endorsement. There are another 4 rec pilot endorsements - that's 8 total. I would not call that overwhelming. I need to remember more things than that to start my tractor!

we know that, but a lot of low time, and irregular pilots dont. or think, yeah sure, you might need an endo for that, but i am skilled and can do it now, and so, try, and we know the consequences..

• Agree 1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agrre Ross, but the required upskilling is required when converting either way, it is not unique to GA pilots going to ultralight aircraft. A cub is hardly a typical ultralight it was GA long before ultralights even existed.

This aircraft is not of the E2, J2, J3 or PA18 blood line, in any way, David. We are talking about something with round spar, ultralight type wings, that is superficially styled to look a bit like a traditional Cub.

• Agree 1

The thing one has to appreciate there are minimum heights below which you CANNOT make a recovery from the situation. If your nose is pointing at the ground and you don't have the height, you are going in

Don't sell out ALL airline pilots .

On a training detail in Sweden a DC-9 was endorsing F/O's for engine out and one smart @r$e noticed he was failing the same engine so when it was his turn to get in the seat, he anticipated the failure and applied full WRONG rudder and the aircraft went to a vertical bank very close to the ground.

The Check pilot quickly did the only thing possible and completed the roll. Spectacular and very decisive.

Inputting the wrong rudder is not uncommon. The requirement to maintain heading and track withing closely defined limits promotes "cheating" which defeats the purpose of the exercise. Any one who does it should get a definite FAIL and be kept away from aeroplanes. Nev

Note to self: Remember to be very very polite to Kaz in all future correspondence.

I am now going to be very conscious of what she might have packed in that Ajax of hers next time I give her cheek. LOL

The female of the species is often more deadly than the male. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. The male is often prettier, but you aren't putting forward that argument are you David? Nev

• Haha 1