Hire out my lsa 55

Nathan161

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloke I know (slightly, mate of a family member) had a Citabria, from memory, up towards the top end of Browns Bay on floats; he became very adept at tacking it between the moored boats along McCarr's Creek to get to clear water for take-off; I used to moor my Adams 10 in Browns Bay some years later and it wasn't exactly uncluttered. Merv Richardson used to fly his Lakes from Bankstown to his place in Pittwater in the Victa days.. he had a boat ramp, taxied it up and hosed the brine off it, and I believe he had someone on hand to hose it down as soon as he tied up at Bankstown, it was a corrosion nightmare. A Jab would be a walk in the park by comparison, but an LSA55 won't happily haul floats (though I think the Calypso version for the US market was able to, but there wouldn't have been much available weight left..)

I think will be a few years before i go the amphibians but definitely a future plan

What sort of range do you get out of it? I don't remember the LSA55 tank as being much over 3 hours...

I will be at oaks sat/sun if you want to sus out my plane ,can take u for a few laps if youre still interested in hiring. Just got ro send you up with my instructor with you on left side, with me i have to be in command as im not licensed to sit in right seat

I will be at oaks sat/sun if you want to sus out my plane ,can take u for a few laps if youre still interested in hiring. Just got ro send you up with my instructor with you on left side, with me i have to be in command as im not licensed to sit in right seat

Why do you need a license to sit in the right seat, if the person in the left seat is appropriately endorsed (PAX, maybe HP) and has the appropriate type ratings?

Why do you need a license to sit in the right seat, if the person in the left seat is appropriately endorsed (PAX, maybe HP) and has the appropriate type ratings?

Only if i was to make sure the pilot in command was current with a jab but im sure i can trust that, i guess only if the pilot in command hadnt flown a jab for ages me in the right side would be tricky to take control as ive never flown from that side

Anyway as i said im there sat sun if you want to pop in. I can take you for a happy lap to show best way to reduce power gradually and how to save shock to engine as instructors usually teach to yank the throttle end of runway on downwind then setup flap & 70kt before base whereas my L2 has shown me to keep throttle around 2000rpm on descent very gradually backing off power so that by the time you turn final the power is taken right back & slowed to 70 & engage flap once level on final with enough time to cross the threshold 65-70. All about preserving the engine, no sudden shocks in temp changes from cruise to idle even if slightly extend downwind leg on a cruise descent.

Easy enough i can demonstrate on a circuit before jumping out and you taking over solo.