Hire out my lsa 55

Nathan161

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A jab engine can be damaged by careless running which lets the CHT's get too hot. The consequences might not show up for a while.

So I reckon a recording engine-monitor would be a good idea, so that you could see exactly how your engine has been treated while you weren't there.

And make sure the pilots are given a good briefing about CHT management.

• Agree 2

Yeah thats a great idea thanks, i know how to fly it for minimal shock ie instead of pulling the power before base ,i maintain 2000 rpm as long as possible gradually decreasing power until i turn final and then pull the power completely back around decision height and set 1st stage flap on final at 70 kt with enough time to setup for landing. Not rushed but all co.ordinated so no shock to the CHT , so i would make a list for the pilots to use but the monitor sounds like a great idea to make certain.

Would that be the case for block-hours hiring as well? I'd really like to be able to almost hire as a mini-syndicate: "I will pay you $6000/yr for 50 hours wet" or something like that.

That would be ideal because at least you have some fixed amount you can plan against. I had an issue where a flying school approached me to hire my aircraft. But it turned out they were wanting an aircraft available for the overflow when they got busy. They were only going to use it when their own aircraft was in use. But that meant having insurance in place the whole time and ready to go at a moments notice.

Trouble with that was they did not want to guarantee a fixed amount of usage nor for how long they would use it. All very weighted in favour of them.

So it's just a matter of having a fixed or at least minimum amount of usage or payment so you can be sure it will cover your costs.

That would be ideal because at least you have some fixed amount you can plan against. I had an issue where a flying school approached me to hire my aircraft. But it turned out they were wanting an aircraft available for the overflow when they got busy. They were only going to use it when their own aircraft was in use. But that meant having insurance in place the whole time and ready to go at a moments notice.Trouble with that was they did not want to guarantee a fixed amount of usage nor for how long they would use it. All very weighted in favour of them.So it's just a matter of having a fixed or at least minimum amount of usage or payment so you can be sure it will cover your costs.

Ok. Once my job situation is sorted, I'm going to start noting aircraft in hangers and giving people a call!

(I'm sure you remember what registrar life was like.)

That would be ideal because at least you have some fixed amount you can plan against. I had an issue where a flying school approached me to hire my aircraft. But it turned out they were wanting an aircraft available for the overflow when they got busy. They were only going to use it when their own aircraft was in use. But that meant having insurance in place the whole time and ready to go at a moments notice.Trouble with that was they did not want to guarantee a fixed amount of usage nor for how long they would use it. All very weighted in favour of them.

So it's just a matter of having a fixed or at least minimum amount of usage or payment so you can be sure it will cover your costs.

That would be ideal because at least you have some fixed amount you can plan against. I had an issue where a flying school approached me to hire my aircraft. But it turned out they were wanting an aircraft available for the overflow when they got busy. They were only going to use it when their own aircraft was in use. But that meant having insurance in place the whole time and ready to go at a moments notice.Trouble with that was they did not want to guarantee a fixed amount of usage nor for how long they would use it. All very weighted in favour of them.

yeah but im not going through a flight school this will be just a private venture so i will make available as the bookings come, i think anyone will be extremely happy to fly this little baby shes so much nicer than what else is on pffer for same price through schools.

Will be 120 an hr wet, same going rates locally but as i said this is a beautiful plane in & out. Digital flight computer, gps, ipad holder ,usb inputs for powering devices charging phone etc.

I think OME was just paddling past... in some of the paddocks near Camden, the cattle are still having synchronised swimming lessons this morning, and breakfast looks as if it's through a straw rather than of straw

• Like 1

Bloke I know (slightly, mate of a family member) had a Citabria, from memory, up towards the top end of Browns Bay on floats; he became very adept at tacking it between the moored boats along McCarr's Creek to get to clear water for take-off; I used to moor my Adams 10 in Browns Bay some years later and it wasn't exactly uncluttered. Merv Richardson used to fly his Lakes from Bankstown to his place in Pittwater in the Victa days.. he had a boat ramp, taxied it up and hosed the brine off it, and I believe he had someone on hand to hose it down as soon as he tied up at Bankstown, it was a corrosion nightmare. A Jab would be a walk in the park by comparison, but an LSA55 won't happily haul floats (though I think the Calypso version for the US market was able to, but there wouldn't have been much available weight left..)

So guys all jokes aside im looking.to hire my planeout,any serious interests let me know, i will be properly advertising it soon just thought i would post in forum as a heads up but i love this plane if it hires or not im fine with that as anyone with a sweet machine would probably prefer it not be flown by others butif ican have them tested quick flight by an instrustor to see they are current then i will consider doing this otherwise im happy to keep it for myself