Newbie in Tas

Tasmag

Hi thereJust joined from Tasmania. Currently training and hope to start a J430 build one day.

Hi Tasmag - 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

What plane are you learning in? Good luck with your build.

Cheers,

Neil

Welcome. We need more ground defying people down here. Good to hear that I'm not all alone - I'm not far away from Aliens Rivulet - on the other side of Huon River. And quite disappointed by the lack of airstrips (or even any landable ground). Methinks floats might be an asset around here.

Peter

Still in process of wing covering here in Twba. But things are achangin and I will be finishing soon & moving down about xmas time. Maybe catch up with you then? Would like to see your project

For sure, I'll PM you my details.

If you did convert to floats the Huon River has some nice straight stretches... near Franklin for example, you could step off and walk to the pub!

I still haven't talked properly to the guys at Sandfly airstrip (not much point yet, I don't have a fuselage). As far as I know there's no other strips in the local area. Pity, there's some flat land in the Huon valley, just seems to be full of fences.

Fishla and Tasmag, what are you flying? Tassie is a picturesque place - I guess Midlands is more flying friendly than all the tiger country. When I move to Tas I'll be visiting the gliding club to get my fix.

Peter