Rear baggage compartment

Lyndon

Thank you Bob for the detailed information and the pictures. So thats about 1 m large, 70-80 cm deep and around 50 cm high. Could hold a folding bike well, maybe even two, if they are very compact. This rises another question: the 20 kg indicated for the baggage area: Are they just a hint to prevent careless loading disregarding mass & balance, or is there more to it? Am I allowed to load more weight than these 20 kg, if mass and balance are within the envelope?

In Switzerland we are not allowed to land anywhere else than on airports or airstrips. These tend to be off the villages, so a bike would come in handy.

Thank you Bob for the detailed information and the pictures. So thats about 1 m large, 70-80 cm deep and around 50 cm high. Could hold a folding bike well, maybe even two, if they are very compact. This rises another question: the 20 kg indicated for the baggage area: Are they just a hint to prevent careless loading disregarding mass & balance, or is there more to it? Am I allowed to load more weight than these 20 kg, if mass and balance are within the envelope?In Switzerland we are not allowed to land anywhere else than on airports or airstrips. These tend to be off the villages, so a bike would come in handy.

So, measured inside the frames, approximately:

900 X 380 at front

740 X 500 at middle

800 X 380 at rear

I can't comment on the weight limit, I did not look into that yet.

I believe there is also a belly pod available for the Savannah.

except for safety reasons and in emergency situations 007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif . But of course here engines are very obedient.010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

Well I hope yours doesn't fail, although not in Switzerland.

Thanks IBob for the numbers, will be things for two bikes, unless I find an even smaller one.

will be things for two bikes, unless I find an even smaller one.

JG3(member on here) puts a folding bike in a turtle deck on the exterior of the rear fuselage, that would work better on the square fuselage of the XL rather than the rounded S model fuselage but it is doable.

JG3(member on here) puts a folding bike in a turtle deck on the exterior of the rear fuselage, that would work better on the square fuselage of the XL rather than the rounded S model fuselage but it is doable.

It is very cleverly done: kudos to John (JG3)!

1948720435_bike1.jpg.07a59a54658a67307a0e484f0b00656a.jpg

560990355_bike2.jpg.134d5591cb70a7ed8186131177c8e4db.jpg

816184239_bike3.jpg.3deb9e9a37b23c94e73b883012a588e2.jpg

Here is the link and the origin of the above pictures from that link: StolSpeed Aerodynamics - Performance Enhancement for Light Aircraft

• Like 4

Impressive… Thanks both of you for the link and info. So far I wouldn't dare to build something like this. But maybe that's different when you have built an airplane yourself. Btw: What's the effect on the aerodynamics, as one of the advantages of the Savanna over the 701 is that the middle part of the wing also provides lift? But I should rather ask JG3 about this.

as one of the advantages of the Savanna over the 701 is that the middle part of the wing also provides lift?

One of the disadvantages of the 701 is that just where you need the headroom is right where the roof line dips down to meet your headset.

• Agree 1