Hello All - from Polardroid!

Polardroid

Hello All,

I've been getting severe ear ache from a couple of people here, encouraging me to join up - though I thought that, as a not active pilot, I'd not be worthy......but, having been firmly kicked in the arse and having my ego gently massaged, I decided to join.

I'm a non-current private pilot from UK (now living in Sweden).

My flying experience: I started flying hang gliders, back in the last century, briefly tried a Tomahawk at Ipswich School of Flying, then, eventually bought and learnt to fly a weightshift microlight (Pegasus Q). Then I upsized to various Cherokees at Little Gransden.

My job involved (and still does, occasionally) working in the Antarctic and I spent a few years doing airborne geophysics survey work there - so I've spent a lot of time in the right seat of a Twin Otter.

I'm looking forward to immersing myself in the world of Recreational Flying and frequently interjecting with my worthless opinions on a range of subjects.....027_buddies.gif.22de48aac5a25c8f7b0f586db41ef93a.gif

Cheers,

P

This pic is of VP-FBL, our survey aircraft at Argentinian Antarctic base "Marambio" (Seymour Island)

12-16.jpg.7ace9aedc53f40b145f9a5e3a703d902.jpg

• Like 6

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR !

I really wouldn't fancy the job of de-icing that for a couple of quick circuits mate. . . . .

I now MUCH prefer warmer climes,. . . .living, as I do, in central UK, that doesn't often happen and we must've blinked and missed the summer this year,. . .now the dark evenings are drawing in, it's dark at around 1900 GMT now,. . . so we now have to look firward to not much aviation, and torches with all the batteries flat from last winter. . . . . . .

Great Pic though,. . .must post some more Antarctic stuff. . please. . .

Phil.

....but, having been firmly kicked in the **** and having my ego gently massaged

Sounds like marriage!

Welcome Polardroid. I second Phil's request, some Antarctic pics would be fantastic when you have time.

Sounds like marriage!Welcome Polardroid. I second Phil's request, some Antarctic pics would be fantastic when you have time.

You'll be sick of them, in the end......but yes, I'll put some up. Maybe even some video!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR !I really wouldn't fancy the job of de-icing that for a couple of quick circuits mate. . . . .

I now MUCH prefer warmer climes,. . . .living, as I do, in central UK, that doesn't often happen and we must've blinked and missed the summer this year,. . .now the dark evenings are drawing in, it's dark at around 1900 GMT now,. . . so we now have to look firward to not much aviation, and torches with all the batteries flat from last winter. . . . . . .

Great Pic though,. . .must post some more Antarctic stuff. . please. . .

Phil.

I will do, Phil, when I work out WHERE I should post them...any advice would be welcomed!112_im_stupid.gif.235c6602d589883b543a8ad3d313ca3c.gif

You can post them in General Discussion if you like, start a new thread ( I'm certain you can think of a "Cool" thread title ) and stuff em in there mate. but you may have to reduce filesize if any of the pics are much over 1Mb. . . my camera is 14Mp, 5 meg files are too big for the site. . . so I just reduce them for document transmission in picture manager or summat ( if you use Apple, I dunno ) for vids, just post a link.

Hello All,I've been getting severe ear ache from a couple of people here, encouraging me to join up - though I thought that, as a not active pilot, I'd not be worthy......but, having been firmly kicked in the **** and having my ego gently massaged, I decided to join.

I'm a non-current private pilot from UK (now living in Sweden).

My flying experience: I started flying hang gliders, back in the last century, briefly tried a Tomahawk at Ipswich School of Flying, then, eventually bought and learnt to fly a weightshift microlight (Pegasus Q). Then I upsized to various Cherokees at Little Gransden.

My job involved (and still does, occasionally) working in the Antarctic and I spent a few years doing airborne geophysics survey work there - so I've spent a lot of time in the right seat of a Twin Otter.

I'm looking forward to immersing myself in the world of Recreational Flying and frequently interjecting with my worthless opinions on a range of subjects.....027_buddies.gif.22de48aac5a25c8f7b0f586db41ef93a.gif

Cheers,

P

This pic is of VP-FBL, our survey aircraft at Argentinian Antarctic base "Marambio" (Seymour Island)

[ATTACH=full]38381[/ATTACH]

A warm 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Polardroid. We look forward to seeing the pictures! You could try by using the "Upload File" button just next to the "Post Reply" button.

A trick for jpg images is to open them in ms paint and save them again...most often the file size is reduced due to a lot of extra info that is not part of the picture is removed.

Remember there is also themedia library here on the site where you can create albums for photos and videos and then insert them into a forum post using toolbar across the top of the box that you type a post out in

• Informative 2

See mate ? ? ?

I told you there were some very clever blokes ( and blokettes ) on this site mate !

Thanks Ian.

On my very basic PC laptop using Win 7,. . . I open windows picture manager, and start by correcting the colour balance, then cropping the image to make it look as though I am a very good photographer and know how to frame an image PROPERLY. . .( ! ) then edit picture,. . .where you have a choice of reducing the filesize for emails, Documents etc. . . I usually reduce my 3.5 / 4 Megabyte picture files using the "Documents" option, which reduces them from several Megs down to less than 100 Kilobytes. For presentation on a blogsite, this is fine, and the picture doesn't really lose much value.

I then save the edited pic, with an "R" after the filename, (just to remind my stoopid brain that I've reduced the filesize ) and take the "Don't save" option for the original, in case I wish to reproduce it later in a higher density format.

If you're using an Apple iPad, or a MAC computer of any sort. . . I have very little experience with these, nor their software, and Apple have their own photo adjustment software which is far and away better than anything Microsoft produce,. . .this is why all the Professional printing companies wouldn't be seen dead using PC stuff.

Have fun mate.

Phil

• Like 1