Are #casa, #atsb and Minister Truss serving us?? or just themselves

up-into-the-air

Is #casa emulating the improper NSW ICAC actions??

In NSW, the ICAC [NSW’s corruption watchdog] investigations have directed at evidence gathering with the Cuneen case, which showed improper collection and clear falsification of video evidence in the collection of a phone from Cuneen. This progressed to the High Court, with serious doubts being raised about evidence gathering.

The latest revelations go even further and in today’s Australian, garner a different emphasis – the withholding of information by ICAC.

We must continue to ask these questions and defend our "right-to-fly".

• Informative 1

I would say your on the money......... and while on the subject of money .....

Who will pay the $50k to get it to the High Court for a determination.

Then as in the Cuneen Case ..... What action has been taken against ICAC for doing the wrong thing in the first place ?

Was ICAC doing the wrong thing or were they just interfering in the cozy rules that lawyers and courts live by? Remember - Courts rule mainly on matters of law, sometimes justice is delivered as well.

I think ICAC is doing a great job, sometimes a bit of star chamber is needed to nut out the truth.

Read it in the Australian? - I think I will wait for the truth to come out in the SMH.

• Agree 1

I guess if you think that those charged with investigating corruption should put to a Court both the evidence favouring the prosecution and that favouring the defence if it is in their possession, then you might think that investigators who fail to do this have acted a tad unfairly especially if they have also hidden it from the defence.

Have a look at the way in which our esteemed aviation authorities have conducted themselves in the Quadrio, Lockhardt River and Pel-Air matters and have a think about how donations to political parties, concealment or just plain failure to look for evidence and friends in high places might have been detrimental to the fortunes of the accused in each case.

Why blame the lawyers and the Courts? ICAC, ATSB and CASA are creatures of Legislative Government so perhaps it's the politicians who should be held to account along with their employees.

Kaz

• Agree 1

Yes, ICAC were doing the wrong thing.

As the High Court stated in rough terms, They initiated action without letting the

the normal legal process run it's course.

Their role is to investigate matters where justice was been seen to be done, but there is suspicion that someone, or a group are

tampering with the system or doing back room deals to pervert the course of justice.

• Agree 1

I guess if you think that those charged with investigating corruption should put to a Court both the evidence favouring the prosecution and that favouring the defence if it is in their possession, then you might think that investigators who fail to do this have acted a tad unfairly especially if they have also hidden it from the defence.Have a look at the way in which our esteemed aviation authorities have conducted themselves in the Quadrio, Lockhardt River and Pel-Air matters and have a think about how donations to political parties, concealment or just plain failure to look for evidence and friends in high places might have been detrimental to the fortunes of the accused in each case.

Why blame the lawyers and the Courts? ICAC, ATSB and CASA are creatures of Legislative Government so perhaps it's the politicians who should be held to account along with their employees.

Kaz

Well, the accidental open admission on a public forum in one of the cases.

• 2 weeks later...