Question?

I don't think many use such airspace often enough to feel relaxed. Let's be honest it's easy only for people doing it all the time. People should not be inhibited from asking any questions here. That's what the forum is for. We have a few air traffickers here who give very practical advice, specifically for their own area. Nev

• Agree 2

Nev i agree... and most people avoid it for some time after their initial training while they build confidence... hence when they finally do feel ready...the act of asking questions is most likely a display of a bit of a lack of confidence and certainty and needs to be sensitively addressed... they are more looking for assurance and cross checking what they think they know or remember .... and thats wonderful

Soon i will be flying through western Sydney near the bankstown approach path and I will be seeking lots of advice...I feel i was trained and i feel like i know the answers, but i just want to check and have no surprises along the way... If i have messed up, i want to find out while still on the ground... rather than cause a situation or have to answer to CASA or air services...

• Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Guys ,maybe i should have asked the ATC guys for for the real info , looking at ozrunways and charts when planning is the right way ,but have been caught out by being pinged at 3500 on descent into the 2500 step at or after KIlcoy by atc, they were very helpful at that time (i had just 1 week earlier passed my xc) but canm be stressful; at time

Zoos Know what to do and the less talk the better. I think I'll give your post a winner. Don't let it go to your head though.

Note . This post sat for a fair while, but I posted it anyway, when I noticed...Nev

• Informative 1

Guys ,maybe i should have asked the ATC guys for for the real info , looking at ozrunways and charts when planning is the right way ,but have been caught out by being pinged at 3500 on descent into the 2500 step at or after KIlcoy by atc, they were very helpful at that time (i had just 1 week earlier passed my xc) but canm be stressful; at time

Gareth:

Just out of interest, where is that 2500' step "At or after Kilcoy"?

down past the tv towers lane , sorry Kilcoy came into my head should have been Morayfield. are you going to the Gympie Brekkie?cheers Gareth

No, not going to Gympie tomorrow. Other commitments unfortunately. Had a bit of a fly this morning though before the wind got going.

Gareth I cant comment on that area, but i have been past Coffs, Tamworth Williamtown and GC between them several times and Whilst i dont enter the CTA unless I have a PPL instructor on board... I always give them a call when im approaching to let them know who I am and my intentions... I have found them very helpful / perhaps overly helpful in making sure i stay outside... if i get within 1 minute of incursion and in the Coffs mountains thats often..they call me up to check my intentions