Malaysia searches for Boeing 747 owners

Robbo

All three are -200 freighters listed as 'stored' from the lease company from Iceland ... but their active inventory now only lists -400 freighters so scrapping looks likely

Well anything like my wife they were obviously parked there by women pilots who then went shopping and forgot where they parked.

Would be funny if I didn't have to go to the shops on a number of occasions and find the damn car for her. She now takes photos on her phone.

Then there was my Mate's wife who took his car to the shops because it was parked behind hers ... well she remembered exactly where she parked the car, but when she got there it was gone!

Rang the Police immediately, was in tears when she rang my Mate who reminded her it was HIS CAR she drove and not surprisingly, his car was still there.

• Haha 1

Ha!

As a joke I just sent the story to my Mate who flew 747's regularly, freight and passenger, with the caption "You lose something?".

He replied, "Yup, used to fly all 3!" for his previous company, Air Atlanta Icelandic, but he doesn't know who they belong to now. They were leased until 2008 from a UK company (he thinks) until their contract ran out. The regos are still the Air Atlanta Icelandic ones apparently.

Maybe they were left in Malaysia to thaw out?

• Informative 1