Rotax lifters worn

Lyndon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nunans
I have done my gearbox. All was good. A bit of fiddling with the three diaphragms to line them up. seems odd the middle one can't be centered and relies on the others to keep it in place. There is some offset wear because of this. But it clearly works as it's done 1740 hrs and is in very good Nick . Can't believe the new halves were 70 dollars. I still can't assemble my engine as I have issues with cam end play. This is taking a long time to sort but hopefully by the end of the week it can be sorted. [ATTACH=full]42238[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]42239[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]42240[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]42239[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]42238[/ATTACH]

So ehen you did the gearbox, were any extra shims required? I did mine (on another engine i had) and found it was already at exactly 1mm and didn't need any changes,

The clearance was perfect. On a note the piston gudgeon circlips are just about impossible to install in a manner that would not be considered rough. I have made a tool and done some trial runs with the old circlips on the bench. I have yet to try it while the piston is on the rod. The special tool is over 500 bucks but does allow you to install the piston in the barrel on the bench which would be very nice. My way won't allow that as I'm thinking I will need all the room plus some. Hopefully on the weekend I will have a go.

• Caution 1

Making some progress. I intend to prime the oil pump and fill the engine prior to fitting the top end. That way I won't wipe off all my cam lube. Then I should be able to fire it up with minimal engine turning.Lyndon

Hi Lyndon what brand is the blue filter?

Cheers

Mike

Fitting the heads with out the studs makes it a breeze so the push rod orings seat nicely. I've actually bonded with this engine. It's a very nice bit of kit.

IMAG4857.jpg.efc9765c0b03817d85b600e72615e971.jpg

Done one rebuilt Rotax. What a lovely little engine to work on .Carbs rebuilt. Gearbox. Long motor. Drip trays fitted. Should run like a treat.

Looks awesome, well done Lyndon!

Hope to hear about a successful run up soon.