prop balancer

Russ

Mark's dynavibe works well. Well enough for me to consider buying my own. While researching, I found a device called a Balance Master, I was sceptical, but after looking it's operation, saw that it works on the same principle as the bifilar weights on a Blackhawk rotor head. I purchased one from the US and was pleasantly surprised at just how well it works.

https://www.balancemasters.com/ultralights/index.html

This is a link to the manufacturer, I got mine fro aircraft spruce. they are bolted between the prop and flange (also available for engine flywheel)

I was sceptical, but found that it works better than I ever thought it would.

I have used the Dynavibe with good result.

There is also an Australian dynamic balancer supplier, Vibrotech, the Model 1015 is about the cheapest you will find.

The electronic Dynamic Balancers are fitted to the engine, and have an accelerometer and a sensor (usually optical) to determine position of the balance. they are fitted temporarily for balancing and removed when good balance is achieved.

Russ,Lloyd with the RV6 at Mundoo has a Dynavibe type balancer. I can pass on his Ph number if you don't already have it.

Cheers

Rob

appreciate that........thanks

I have a Dynavibe ...and it really works 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gifI gather you have been reading the latest Sport Pilot mag

actually.....no. I like to give it a "refresh" every yr. ( sand / relaquer) and have flooked a "balanced" prop each time. Spray same speed, same coatings both blades. Other jab owners have commented how smooth my jab runs..........but "luck" can't keep happining for me.

• Informative 1