hello from Quebec

flymate

Hi everyone, looking forward to learn more about recreational flying in Australia in preparation for a future visit next winter..well ..your summer... been flying UL since the eighties mostly teaching and I think visiting Australia from the air would be just great.

• Like 1

G'day ...if you mean what I own, it's a Flight Design CTSW , but I fly many thing. The last 5 hours were on a Pegazair 100, which I had never flown before . On grass on Chritmas day, on snow 2 days after.

I love to try new planes,, and Australia will be a good place for that

234564492_Nol2015vol_05.JPG.f34449b9d322f833f9cc1ab6a4947811.JPG

Hi Marty

It's even colder in Québec City where I am close to. ... a shock...we'll see .. at least I will have the sunlight. That's the point.

I see you're building a 701 one of my favorite I was Zenair dealer ..long ago. I have 4 on my field.

Not bad where I am (Tasmania) but I was in Victoria last week and temperatures were in high 30's most days.

I'm enjoying the 701 build in between frustration at the amount of time it's taking (building from plans, not kit). The HomeBuiltHelp sheetmetal DVD from your countrymen was of huge assistance in the beginning. Are the ones on your field all Rotax powered?

There was one with a Jab 2200 smooth but not performing same as the 582. Now, there is one with a 582 ( I'm still training the owner) , one with the 80hp 912 and the 2 others with ULS 100HP . picture with the one with the 80hp

1142137689_701auchamp001.jpg.3db774e599d151d8e3d52aa4869143f3.jpg

• Like 1

Greetings Jacques

Nice field - cosy house, too 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

. . .but not performing same as the 582. Now, there is one with a 582

Has anyone considered using an MZ202 instead of the Rotax 582? It's lighter & fan air cooled - and it's built in Canada!

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

well as a Rotax dealer , I never personnaly considered them. In fact, it's been a while since we ( the canadian ultralight flying community ) didn't hear from them. So, not much I can tell you,sorry. Thanks for the comments