Grandfather of the year!!!

planedriver

A woman in a supermarket is following a grandfather and his badly behaved grandson. He has his hands full with the child screaming for sweets, biscuits, and all sorts of things.

The grandfather is saying in a controlled voice "Easy, William, we won't be long".

Another outburst and she hears the grandfather calmly say "It's okay William. Just a couple more minutes and we'll be out of here. Hang in there”.

At the checkout the little horror is throwing items out of the cart. Grandfather says again in a controlled voice "William, relax buddy, don't get upset. We'll be home in five minutes, stay cool William."

Very impressed, the woman goes outside to where the grandfather is loading his groceries and the boy into the car. She says "It's none of my business, but you were amazing in there. I don't know how you did it. That whole time you kept your composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying that things would be okay. William is very lucky to have you as his grandfather."

"Thanks; " says the grandfather; "but I am William, this little bast*rd's name is Kevin".

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Winner 1

I just did the grandpa thing today with two of them jumping on me for , i reckon, an hour. Not that I was counting. Dad won't let them fly with grandpa so, for these kids,that's as good as it gets . I have other grandkids who come flying with me and love it.

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

I just did the grandpa thing today with two of them jumping on me for , i reckon, an hour. Not that I was counting. Dad won't let them fly with grandpa so, for these kids,that's as good as it gets . I have other grandkids who come flying with me and love it.

I'll call you Grandpa if you'll take me flying!

• Haha 5

I just did the grandpa thing today with two of them jumping on me. Dad won't let them fly with grandpa so, for these kids,that's as good as it gets .

Nice sort of bloke your son-in-law is! You give him your daughter to do with as he wishes and he won't give you the results to do with as you wish.

OME

• Haha 2

I took my daughter's toddlers to our monthly Fly-Day this morning. They made a beeline for the big yellow Air Tractor; one pointed to the air scoop underneath and excitedly announced "there's his mouth!"

They asked the Ag pilot if Dusty could talk. When he replied "no, it doesn't talk" they were disappointed and pronounced that it wasn't a real aeroplane!

• Haha 2

I'm pleased to say that one of my grandson's favourite places to go with Poppy is Camden Airport. Especially as there are no ASIC restrictions on movement, so we can wander all over the place. He loves walking along the lines of parked airplanes out in the open, and scampering under wings in the hangars. The grand finale is to sit outside the glider control caravan and watch "Dusty" pull the gliders into the air. He doesn't care that this "Dusty" is a Pawnee and not an Air Tractor.

I appreciate the kindness of the owners and pilots we might meet who invite him to sit in their airplanes.

OME

• Like 2

My son (now 7) is a grave disappointment to me. In England late 2014 I took him to an airshow at Shuttleworth Old Warden. While I was all excited, pointing out the Hawker Cygnet, the P-51D, and that gorgeous beauty - DH 88 "Grosvenor House"... he told me he didn't like aeroplanes with propellers. Only ones with jets and "McMissiles" were good enough for him.

I'm hoping to fix this small but significant defect as he grows older.

• Like 1