Aero Thieves busy in the UK in 2015

Phil Perry

AeroThieves were busy in the UK in 2015. . .

August.

2 x Rotax 912 ( LS and ULS engines including props instruments and other sundries including £400 worth of tools and hangar equipment, from a private strip, Sleaford, Lincolnshire.

November.

1 x Rotax 912 ULS and 1 x Jabiru 80 HP plus prop and some instruments etc. . .

From Hucote airfield near Cranfield Bedfordshire.

December.

Rotax 912 LS with prop, complete instrument panel and Trig Txpdr display, plus other parts & equipment. From Newham Airfield Stevenage, Herts.

December.

Complete Skyranger aircraft G-CGTG . This is a FIRST ! ! !

Taken from a secure ( ? ) locked hangar on a private strip near Lichfield, about 9 Km down the road from where I LIVE. . .

All engine thefts were not as surgical as some of those in the past,, two of the aircraft had all the cables, pipes and looms cut. .

Difficult to guard against this kind of operation when the aircraft are stored at farm strips. . . .

I'd like to cuss a bit, but it wouldn't help. I have not lost MUCH aviation related property since my trike trailer was taken 12 years ago. . . .2 airband Icom hand helds, and an antenna stolen from our X'Air, plus lots of jerry cans, and various tools whilst we were hangar building. . . . there's always some scrotes about in the hours of darkness.

You should try transporting them to the Colonies Phil. It seemed to work OK last time you tried it.

Got to catch the buggers first mate,. . . anyway, Australia would be the last place I'd send them, I like it too much. . . .. . .Saudi Arabia is nice at this time of year they tell me. . . .

• Like 1

Got to catch the buggers first mate,. . . anyway, Australia would be the last place I'd send them, I like it too much. . . .. . .Saudi Arabia is nice at this time of year they tell me. . . .

Phil great idea...don't they cut off the hands of thieves?

David

Phil great idea...don't they cut off the hands of thieves?David

Oh, you caught that then. . . . they do, but the crime would have to be committed on their soil mores the pity. . .!

Yes, it's very sad isn't it ?. . . I can live with crooked pollies, but I really hate thieves with a vengeance. We have not lost any engines since the three nicked about five years ago, but the hangars are now mainly steel and concrete, with the whole site riddled with HD cameras and vehicle access denial. Our main difficulty was no mains power to the site, but that was fixed a while ago.

I'm fascinated to know where all these stolen engines are going . . . Eastern Europe has been suggested.

But whilst it is still not legal to shoot thieves, we just have to buckle up and do what we can to foil the scumbags.

Yeh Phil. I to am getting mighty sick of Thieves. I'm getting posts almost daily from someone I know ( incl my bro). Having items( cars) stolen. Houses broken onto. Ect. Just last year middle of day whilst home had a fella wonder threw my hangars .. Took tools and full jerrycan. Herd him as he was leaving. Ran out there and stopped him and he says he was just here to see if I wanted to sell an old bomb car I have out the back? I said no and he drove off.. Went out back. And the bomb car had all doors open and bonnet and some items missing, went out to hangar and found tool box gone , loose tools gone and the full jerry can I only sat there a couple hours earlier gone... Went for fly later looking for the old eb white falcon sedan red pin stripe but to no avail...... Didn't here him as that day aircon was blowing blocking out outside noise. But saying that we have a massive sign stating " Ring Bell". And wasn't rung! Installed camera ;).